Chapter 11: PAAARRRRTTTAAAAYYYY

Tris' Pov: The Day of The Dance

Tobias called me earlier and told me he would pick me up around 5:45 to go get dinner then head to the dance around 6:50 since it starts at 7:00. Right now it is 3:45 I have exactly 2 hours to get ready. Christina is on her way so she can do my make-up and hair. 15  minutes later she gets here with Marlene, Shauna, and Lynn, all of them holding 3 bags full of hair products, makeup, and nail polish each.

"Geez Christina you aren't staying here for a month just for like 3 hours!" I say gesturing to the bags.

"Well I couldn't decide what to bring so I just brought it all." She says looking down.

"that's okay lets just get the torture over with."

Once Christina is done with my hair and makeup I change into my dress. I look at myself in the mirror and don't see the weak, timid girl I am used to seeing.

"I look pretty." I whisper.

"Sweetheart you always look pretty!" Christina yells.

I blush than the doorbell rings. Me and the girls attempt to run downstairs in our heels but decided to walk just to be safe. My father hasn't been home all week because him and mom went to New York for some meetings. We open the door and see all the guys in suits and tux's. All the couples include Will and Christina, Zeke and Shauna, Lynn and Al (since neither one of them has a significant partner) Uriah and Marlene, and Me and Tobias. All the couples have the same color of dress and vest/ corsage. Once the boys see us their mouths drop so far it looks like they are going all the way to hell.

" Close your mouths boys, you'll catch flies." I say to the boys and all of them immediately close their mouths and blush. Once all the girls see that we laugh.

Once we contain ourselves Lynn says "we should get going".

"yeah" everyone says at the same time.

Later I found out we were all going out to dinner and riding in a HUGE party bus.  Once we are already almost at the restaurant Tobias whispers in my ear "You look good Tris". I look over at him and smile. 'God I love him so much.'

"I love you too" Tobias whispers in my ear.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask

"Yes but it was worth it to hear you say it." He says searching my gray-blue eyes.

"But Tobias we aren't even dating." I whisper in his ear so my friends don't hear our conversation.

"That doesn't mean I don't love you." And that was the end of the conversation because thats when Zeke yells at the top of his lungs "WE ARE AT DAUNTLESS DINER!!!!!!" 

"God maybe too much?" I whisper to Toby as we exit the bus.

"Just a little" He says then chuckles.

We get into the restaurant, get seated and order. I order a cheeseburger with mustard, ketchup, lettuce,and pickles. Tobias orders the same thing but with tomato. We play 20 questions until our food comes. I figured out he still loves Mac and Cheese, just like when we were kids.

"So Toby how was life without me for 5 years?" I ask him using his real name since we had a separate table than the rest of those maniacs we call our friends.

"It felt like I was dying a little bit everyday, since you were, and are my everything. Something without their everything is a recipe for death." he says looking at me.

"I felt the same way. I missed you so much." I say my voice cracking on the last word.

"Awww Bea comm'ere" he says stretching out his arms to embrace me. I gladly except and go and sit on his lap hugging him and crying.

"I should stop crying before I mess up my makeup that will cause Christina to have the biggest hissy fit the world has ever seen and heard."  I say laughing a little.

"Yeah that would be like ascending into the depths of the underworld" He says making me laugh even more.

"You know I thought when you left you left because you diddn't love me anymore and got annoyed with me, so you just left." I say looking down at my empty plate.

"Bea you know I could never stop loving you. Its impossible. When I first met you I fell in love with you the way you fall asleep, slowly but then all at once." (Ahhh TFIOS moment!!!!)

That made a warm feeling wash over all of me. Safety, love? Maybe both. I smile. "when I first met you I knew I would love you 'till the day I die...  Even if you aren't the man I marry I will always love you." I finish right before Zeke come by and tells us its time to, quote on quote 'PAAAARRRRRTTTTTAAAAAYYYYY!!!'

Me and Toby exchange glances and smile. This is gonna be fun!