chapter 2.

Chapter 2:

hopping down the hallway to the stairs. "claire, are you up darling?" "yes, mother i am." "can you wake your brother up please? or you will be late for school." i quickkly turned to my right. *knock, knock, knock* "chris. please get up now. i dont want to be late for school again." all i hear is silence. *knock, knock, knock* "chris, get up!" i hear heavy footsteps come towards the door. the door swings open, there stands chris, in his boxers and lose singlet. "im up okay. happy?" in his deep and sleepy voice. "well, yes. mother wants us downstairs ready before eight." "yeah, yeah. ill be ready." 

bang. he slams the door in my face.

chris was never a morning person, always getting up for school is his hardest mission. even though chris is a year older than me, he still didnt like the fact that because i start school earlier than him, he has to wake up at the same time to get a lift from mother.

now, down in the kitchen. mother has neatly set out bowls, plates, forks, knifes and spoons. the middle of the kitchen table was piled with boxes of cereals, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast. mother always goes overboard with making our meals. but i cant blame her, trying to feed a family of what used to be a family of six. now, there is always left overs.

i stand in the doorway, staring at the table. i start to daydream....