Chapter 4.

mother called from downstairs. 

we both grabbed our things and headed downstairs. there was mother and father sitting in the family room. "well don't you two look pretty." mother being nice as always. "Tod, are you going to say something?" father looked up from his newspaper and saw, what he would call, "two lovely young ladies", standing in the doorway. "well, we must be off. i don't want to miss out on the clothes sales!" Hallie said in a hurry to leave.  grabbing my arm, Hallie and i were out the front door.

straight to the garage, where three very nice looking car sat. black, silver and white. Hallie's car was the white one. we drove out the driveway and headed towards the shopping mall. rechecking my lists of things, the song came on. we both looked at each other with great big smiles. Hallie reached over and turned it up. we sang our hearts out, "all the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better, better run, faster than my bullet."

'Agoura Hills Shopping Mall'.

"Claire, look out for a park." "Hallie, over there." and in 3 seconds, we had parked the car. "now Claire, what shops do i need?" "that's easy. are you ready?"

- Forever 21, jacket. - Guess, shoes. - Hot Topic, accessories. - Cotton On, dress. - Bose, handbag.

"done. now you have an outfit for molly's party." "wow. geeez, thank you so much Claire." Hallie happily saying while giving me a huge hug. "but i got to get my art things before we leave." Hallie decided to stay just outside the art store on the seat with all her bags. i grabbed everything i needed, paid for them and was out in 3 minutes. fastest time i've been in and out of the art store. i could spend my whole day in there. "Hallie, you ready? I'm finished."

we headed back to the car. throwing everything in the backseat and headed home. listening to the radio, the song came on again. singing our hearts out... "all the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun. all the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet."

*BEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP*

"HALLIE! HALLLLLLIE, WATCH OUT!!" i screamed, but it was too late....