chapter 1.

chapter 1:

silence fills the room while I'm in a deep sleep.

*crack, crack, crack* I'm suddenly woken from my deep sleep and hear someone in my room walking toward my bed. i slowly open one eye to see a little human figure holding their hand out. "Claire? are you awake?" spoke a scared soft toned young girl. "Claire?"

"cubby, are you okay?" i asked in a sleepy voice. "i had another nightmare, can i sleep with you?" "yeah, come over the other side and remember not to knock my cast, ok?" "ok, Claire, i wont".

straight back to my deep sleep.

slowly, i felt a little ray of light shine between my curtains and travel across my face. "Claire, Chloe, Chris. time to wake up!" yelled mother from downstairs. Chloe woke up, i could feel her try and get off my bed without waking me. " Chloe, could you hand me my crunches?" in my sleepy voice while forcing myself to wake up. Chloe grabbed the crunches and helped me up. "thank you cubby, you can go downstairs and see mother, im fine now". "ok, remember if you need anything, you just call". "naw cubby".

i gave her a tight hug and then watched her happily walk out the door.

i looked down at my left leg, all covered in plaster and purple mesh. the horrid cast, the result of injury due to what happened. tears started to form. 'clarie, hold it together. be strong. you know she wants you to be happy.' i told myself over and over.

*grumble, grumble* goes my tummy. i decided to head downstairs. but there i stood, in my door way, staring at the door two down on the right.

'hold it together, just walk past'.