Chapter 9.

*knock, knock, knock*

"Come in!"

Lyssie opened the door and let me in first. The whole class staring at me. There was Mrs Cook, standing at the whiteboard making notes. Mrs Cook was a tallish skinny lady with bright red straight hair and a indie clothing style.

"Oh Lyssie, there you are. And this must be Clarie Jones". Mrs Cook said while welcoming me to her class. Mrs Cook is new to the school too, well she started when i was on leave.

I looked around to see two empty seats up the back on the other side of the room near the windows. Lyssie led me through the tables and let me have the window seat. Sun shining bright, Mr Zetts gym class out playing baseball.

I totally zoned out.

"Clarie, hit it to me, hit it to me!!" Hallie begging me. "Okay, you ready? Remember swing at arm height, okay here we go!" Father throwing one of his famous throws.

*tiiiiiing*

"And the ball goes flying!! Watch it now hallie, watch it now!" Father yells hoping she catches it. Hallie looks down at her baseball glove. "Father, Father, i got it! I got it!" while she runs to father forgetting that im on second base going on third. "Hallie! Quick, you got to catch Clarie!" but i was just to quick. Homerun to Clarie. "and the crowd goes wild! CJ, CJ, CJ!!" "haha, father you know there is no crowd right?" "I know Clarie, but one day, one day there will be, just for you".

I suddenly see a flashing light that breaks my daydreaming.

"Clarie, are you daydreaming?" Lyssie waving her hand while trying to get my attention. "im sorry, and yes I was. seeing Mr Zetts class play baseball brought back memories". I said thinking how much of a weirdo i was after saying that.

"Now class, after reading 'the light between oceans', for homework i would like you all to make up drawing to go with five of your pages in either chapters 1, 2 or 3". Mrs Cook always giving us easy homework. She was also the teachers aid for art. So she had a soft spot for art. "because I'm a nice teacher and there is 30 minutes left of class, i'm allowing you all start early, so go ahead".

*beep, beep* *click, click, click* so I guess that was a sign for everyone to pull out their phones and ipods. oh well, I was lucky enough to be good at drawing and did the whole book when I was on leave. so I sat there and re-read the book all over again.

*rinnng, rinnng, rinnng*

"well class, that's another lesson over. everyone have a nice day and I will see you all tomorrow with homework sign in". everyone lets out a big sigh.