Chapter 3.

.....the morning of September the 8th, mother had the kicthen table set for breakfast. there sat six of everything. plates, forks, knifes and glasses. 

"tod, honey. could you go wake the kids please?" "sure can love." hearing father's loud footsteps head upstairs towards our bedrooms. first waschris, second was hallie, third was chloe and then finally me. 

we headed downstairs at the same time, chose our chairs and started to eat.

"Claire, you going anywhere today?" i heard from across the table. i didnt even lift my head to answer. "um, i need to go to the shop for art supplies for school, whys that?" "wondering if i could drive you and my self to the shops. i need a new outfit." mother turned from the kitchen sink, "Hallie, you have a wardrobe upstairs full of clothes." "but mother, a new outfit is needed for molly's party this weekend!". "so how are you getting the money?". Hallie started looking in fathers direction with the sad puppy dog look. father was a huge softy when it came to his childen. he started to take out his wallet. "tod! no, they must learn not to borrow money off you." "honey, look at that face." mothers slight angry face turned into a smile. "not just Hallie then, you must give some to the others." fathers face sunk as he started to hand four of us $40 each.

we started to finish eating and cleaned up. "Hallie and Claire, before you two leave, cleaning duty." cleaning duty. worst job mother makes us do. "bags rinsing." i quickly shouted. Hallies face fell into a sad face because she has to load the dishwasher. but we always make it fun, singing and dancing to the radio. and just like that, its done in a short amount of time.

"race you up the stairs!" i yelled as Hallie loaded the last dish. pushing and shoving each other to get to the stairs. i must say it was a tie. i always forgot that Hallie was a fast runner. 6th time first place winner at all her running comps.

skinny jeans, a nice top and my favourite sloppy joe. done, outfit picked out. i grabbed my wallet, sunnies and phone then headed down the hall to Hallie's room. knocking wasnt an opition. i walked in and sat straight on the end of her bed. her head was still stuck in the wardrobe. "what to wear, what to wear. Claire, please help!" i dropped my things on the bed and walked up right beside her. i reached out, "this, this, and ohh this." "really that with this?" Hallie said all confused. "trust me." she went and tried it on. she walked back and looked into the mirror. "Claire, how do you do it?" "what are you talking about?" i wasnt sure if she hated or loved it. "you pick random clothes and they always look good together! im glad you're coming shopping with me now!" the smile on Hallies face wasnt a normal smile. it was happier then a smile could be. it was one of a kind.

"SNAP" goes the camera. one more of our famous sister mirror photos. "must say, this is my favourite!" Hallie said, but seems to say that to every photo.

there, stands a wall full of all the photos we have taken together. every single one. from mirror shots, to family holiday shots to plain old baby photos.

"girls, girls."