Chp 12: These perfect days cracked and fell apart

Months had passed....

Things had changed so drastically in these past few months.

Some grew closer while others strayed away from the rest.

Ideals were questioned, perspectives had changed and minor happiness was found among some.

But life has a way of ruining such minor happiness.

Megatron was only but a few months away from giving birth, his middle was slightly expanded but not by much but it was clearly there if you looked.

The other Autobots especially Bumblebee made it a habit to ask to touch his middle every time he came out for a daily checkup with Ratchet.

Now he didn't mind the attention it was just the touching of his middle that sort of bothered him, even the humans asked to touch him.

Ratchet was an exception since he was the medic to make sure he and the sparkling were both healthy.

Optimus on the other hand was very overprotective of his wellbeing, he'd assign one of the Autobots to watch over him while he was out.

He even went so far as to tell him he couldn't go out for a flight!

But they'd both come to a compromise that Megatron could go out for awhile as long as an Autobot was with him.

Even though Prime's over protectiveness was certainly annoying, he couldn't blame him for it plus his protection had it's advantages.

The nights cuddled up against Prime were certainly comforting and helped him recharge peacefully. Megatron hadn't had one of those nightmares for a few weeks now and was Thankful for it.

But things weren't all as sweet as oil cake in the base.

Arcee still hated the fact Megatron was in the base and she made sure everyone knew.

One day she went as far as hitting Megatron with her blades in the hallways as they passed each other, knocking Megatron back to the wall.

This resulted in a minor scratch on his armor but Optimus and Ratchet acted as if she cut off one of his limbs.

Even the Scout and the Wrecker scolded her for her behavior.

Optimus sentenced her to confinement to the base for two weeks.

She's still fuming about that event til this day.

As for the humans Raf had made it routine to visit Megatron, talk with him, show him bits of human culture, and even asked about his Gladiatorial days that Ratchet told him about.

Miko was well Miko, she constantly asked very personal questions and pestered him about touching his middle.

She even gave Megatron another nickname "Megs" Primus how he hated that nickname, he preferred King Con honestly.

She was his least favorite human of the five.

Jack was alright, he didn't talk too much to him but was polite enough to say hello.

June on the other hand was a very interesting human.

She had her doubts about the children's safety around him at first but after she found out he was 'pregnant', she quickly turned from a protective mother to a fascinated human with millions of questions of the Cybertronian body.

She even gave Megatron some helpful tips on being a mother, which he kept noted for later.

His meeting with Agent Fowler went rather well, he was very quiet during Optimus's explanation. He obviously had alot of respect for Prime.