Chp 14: I want to know

Bumblebee had recovered remarkably quickly.

His side looked as if it hadn't been cut after Ratchet patched him up, but he still couldn't transform...

He was stuck inside the base most of the time as of late.

He missed speeding down the road at unparalleled speeds.

Feeling the wind on his frame.

He missed being of use.

Bumblebee knew the other's were working as hard as they could to find MECH but still...

He couldn't help but feel useless, because of his failure they lost two members of there team including himself.

In a way he crippled there team even more than they already were.

'What use was a bot that can't transform?' Bumblebee thought as he slumped on his berth.

~

Ratchet was working on the Synth-En formula. Well more like trying.

As he worked he was continously plagued with thoughts of that day...

That day when there Scout lost his vocaliser.

That day he failed to properly fix one of his patients.

The day he failed and here he was again failing Bumblebee.

'I just don't have the proper tools to fix you here...' Ratchet sorrowfully thought.

It angered Ratchet that he wasn't efficiently equipped for most of the injures or malfunctions that occurred in this base. Most of the time he had to improvise with human supplies.

It frustrated the slag out of him when he couldn't get his patients fully operational.

He was a medic! His job was to heal! To protect his patients and ensure they were in top form!

But with this war going on, his teammates come back with so many injures almost everyday. You never know if they'll return with a few scratches to there paint job or a broken or torn off limb.

Or worse.

'Why!? Why can't I fix him?' Ratchet thought angrily as he let his anger out on something he was griping.

"Huh?" Ratchet looked down on what he was gripping, it had been the telescope he had been using to analyze the Synth-En properties.

It was now bent out of shape because of how he gripped it.

Ratchet let out an annoyed huff. "I needed that..."

~

Agent Fowler walked through the lightly lit halls of the military base.

His superior, General Bryce had called him for another "Catch up meeting" as Fowler called it.

It seemed like Bryce asked for these catch up meetings more often then usual.

Fowler immediately pushed that thought aside as he entered Bryce's office.

His office was as gloomy as ever, only a small light lit most of the office up, the blinds to the window was closed and the only thing you could hear was the ceiling fan.

"Good morning General Bryce sir." Fowler said as he sat down in the chair in front of Bryce's desk.

"Special Agent Fowler, I would like to speak to you about the Autobots..." General Bryce paused.

Fowler shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Bryce looked sternly at him during his brief pause. Even if they had been friends during there military training, he was still intimidating sometimes.