Chp 20: Gathering the fragments of the dreams we lost.

"The remnants of night lingers by day.

The sun shall not shine down on us today,

rather the clouds shall shield us from our pain..."

The smell of burnt metal, smelt like the scent of victory. The sound of Megatron's frame falling to the dirty floor of this planet sounded simply enchanting.

It felt just like the first time he had gotten a good shot on the Warlord.

But this was no time to lavish in his victory, he was outnumbered and quite weak from his earlier tussle with the Autobot scout. "Your efforts to rescue your dear Master were futile Soundwave. You are a traitor to the Decepticon cause now. Remember that." With a scowl he prepared to take a tactical retreat.

As he started to engage the protocols to transform he heard an angry roar from Prime, the hum of his canons whirring furiously.

He shouldn't have looked back.

All he could see was a very furious Prime heading straight towards him at top speed, canons aimed only at him. His battle mask was not over his faceplate so the raw emotion was clearly seen on his face.

Never in his life cycle had he seen the Prime so utterly angry, it was honestly frightening.

As he leaped to gain momentum to fly one of the Prime's shots hit his rear wing causing him to tumble into the dirt. His fall was none too graceful as he transformed back to his bipedal mode as he skid on the ground with a loud screech.

His gyros were all over the place, his HUD was filling up with pings of damage every second. In short he felt like Slag. He tried to steady himself up on his servos.

He really shouldn't have got up.

A bright blue canon was pointed very closely to his face, he could feel the heat of the weapon. His optics twitched and widened, mouth agape, and wings hunched low to his back. The Prime's large frame loomed over him but the trigger was not yet pulled. He was hesitating.

"Are you not satisfied I've taken down your longest enemy? Did you want to soil your own servos with Megatron's energon?" He slightly smirked not looking into the optics of the Prime rather eyeing the canon in his face.

The whirring of the weapon only grew louder. "You should be thanking me for taking out Megatron because you never would have!" He paused choosing his next words carefully still staring intently at the canon. "We could end the war together, Optimus Prime."

He was about to say something else or rather plead for mercy but he never got the chance when a familiar femme's voice shouted towards Optimus.

"Optimus! Let's go everyone's already in the Ground bridge!"

Considering the slight shift of the canon it looked like Optimus had considered his words, either that or he was going to follow the femme in retreat. Starscream was hoping for the latter.

The canon retracted from his face turning into a servo, the Prime's angered face did not falter though. A sigh of relief escaped his vocaliser as his wings relaxed a bit.

He really shouldn't of done that.

A fist slammed into his face knocking him to the ground, a kick to his side was added slightly breaking his cockpit. And then Optimus Prime left not uttering a word to the Seeker.

Starscream did not move from that spot for awhile. He watched the sunlight slowly rise through the forest, it was a new day.

~