Chp 23: Carelessly dipping deeper into my mind.

"This feeling of helplessness is unwelcomed. How do I rid myself of it when I'm stuck here?"

He watched the time fly ever so slowly on his HUD. The berth was rather warm, he was too used to the cool metal of his old berth. He wasn't used to all this peaceful silence, silence used to mean to stay vigilant in case the enemy decided to strike at any moment.

But this place was different, it was a safe haven for them. While the others wanted dearly to become serene, he just couldn't. He didn't want too, not after everything that's occurred. His processor physically rattled at the memories, he groaned bringing a servo up to his helm. The stinging sensation burned through his medical port, small hands skimmed through his cabling...

"Sky?" His servo lingered down his helm as he looked towards the door.

"When did you get in here?" He tried saying it nonchalantly trying to mask the anxiety that pulled on his field.

"I just got back from a patrol with Bulkhead. He's not such a bad guy and his human friend...um..." He leaned his helm upward as he walked towards the berth in thought.

"Miko. I think it was." He knew Hightide tended to be forgetful.

"Yeah that's her name! She's pretty cool. She let me listen to this band she liked, Slash Monkey. I think that's what they call themselves." Skynight started to lift himself up in a sitting position as his friend sat beside him.

"You don't have to sit up for me. You should lay down and rest some more."

He "tsk" at him, shaking his helm in the process. "I didn't sit up for you. I got up on my own accord, I'm tired of laying down and resting. That's all everyone wants me to do is stay in here and REST." He somewhat exaggerated the last word, while by habit moving his servos around.

As usual Hightide didn't take his irritation seriously, he just laughed. That lighthearted laugh of his, he hadn't heard it in awhile. This laugh was genuine not forced like most others to mask hidden feelings, it was sincerely nice to hear. "And what did I say that was so funny?" His gaze wondered over to Hightide, he was leaning on the wall both his servos behind his helm, visor lightly dimmed completely relaxed.

"Nothing." That was all he said, dipping deeper into his relaxed position. Although Skynight was not convinced, he knew his friend would most likely laugh at the most pointless, miniscule things in his view.

"It can't just be nothing? It's always something with you." They shared a brief moment of silence, it wasn't uncommon nowadays with them. It was those times were they just mingled with there fields, sometimes they didn't but other times it was just off habit.

"Nothing...just you." What? He turned his helm fully towards Hightide, sick of the unchanging  wall he had been staring at.

"Just me? Not sure I follow. Care to explain?"

"It's just good to hear you talk again that's all. You've just been so quiet lately. I was worried about you."

"You'd be quiet a few days too if your spinal cord was practically broken and put back together slowly. Or should I have been jumping for joy-oh wait I couldn't."

"And that wonderful sarcastic tone of yours. Yup your definitely getting better." He brushed his friend off with a servo.

"Idiot..."

~

Knockout sat in the medbay, organizing records of datapads, updating a few as well. He sighed after saving the information he had put on the datapad, tapping his claw on his desk.