Chapter 17

Sabrina's POV

Shit, shit, shit! Goddamn it. I swear, if there was a 'just end my life now' button, I'd use it. Nick looked as if he was going to just completely lose it, and Brian was smirking at him.

"Yep, she's just your 'little sister' figure." Nick sneers, sarcasm completely taking over his voice. Brian just kept smirking at him. "Wipe tha smirk off your face, Littrell."

Brian looked at Nick, then at me, and back at Nick again. He looked like he was deciding what to do. Nick looked at me; he looked a little hurt, but he was mainly pissed. Wait, Nick couldn't possibly be 'hurt' by the situation, could he? I mean, to him it was just a game.

"So, you'll kiss him, and be completely okay with it if somebody were to catch you; but, when it comes to me..." Nick trailed off, then looked at Brian.

"Nick, he's drunk, I'm sure if he wasn't, he wouldn't have done it." I spoke, but my voice was shaky, and unconvincing.

"Oh, please. One beer? Brian isn't drunk, he did it intentionally." Nick snapped.

"Why are you making such a big deal out of it?" Brian and I snapped in unison.

"Are you jealous?" Brian asked, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"You both are acting childish." I glared at the both of them, they looked at me. I looked at Brian. "You need to go downstairs, this is your party, go enjoy it."

"Is that a request?" Brian asked, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"Yes, it is." I snapped. "Now go." Brian looks at me surprised, but then leaves anyways; I looked at Nick, he simply looked away. "And you, don't pretend that you actually like me, or that you actually give a flying fuck. I know that you were only interested in me for the chase... oh, no. I'm sorry, I believe you called it the game." Nick looked back at me surprise, his eyes were widened. I grabbed my plate of food off of the small table, then walked to my room, slamming my door.

There's a knock on my door only seconds; I already know that it's Nick.

"Go away, Carter." I snapped.

"No." He protests. I arched an eyebrow although he can't see me. No? What does he mean by 'no'? You don't tell a girl 'no' when she is mad. Ever.

I walked over to the door and opened it. "Did you just tell me 'no'?" Nick looks down at me and gulps very slightly.

"Yes," He says, trying to sound confident, but it fails, even he knows that he shouldn't have said no. "I did." He walks in my room and closes the door. He looks at me once again, his eyes are now the bright, ocean blue ones that make me melt inside. "How did you even know?" Did one of the boys tell you?" I simply shook my head and sat on my bed. "Then who did?"

"Who says that anybody told me?" I asked.

"So, you found out on your own?" He asked.

"Yes," I said, looking up at him. "I heard you and Brian arguing over it."

"Oh," Nick said dryly.

"Give him a break. Cindy and him broke up, an he's got alcohol in his system." I snapped slightly. Nick walked over to my bed and sat by me; he looked at me. I looked up at him, and for a moment, our eyes lock. I feel hypnotized, like I did in the car that one day. Something about him has an effect on me. Maybe it's his blue eyes that are the bright, ocean color that I love so much, or maybe it's something deeper; maybe something about his personality? I mentally shrugged my thoughts off.

I tear my eyes away from his, knowing that I'd probably end up kissing him again if I didn't.

"I'm sorry." He said softly. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"I'm not exactly the one you should apologize to." I said. "It's Brian's Christmas party, and Christmas Eve, and you just got in a small fight with him."

Nick got up and walked to the door. I guess since he knows that I know, the game is over. I am both relieved, yet disappointed. I guess dating Nick could've been fun. Dating a member of one of my step-dad's bands? That's practically forbidden, and I guess it could've been thrilling, even.

Nick looked over at me. "Just so you know, the game isn't over yet." He smirked slightly, then leaves the room. I looked at spot where he was standing in confusion, completely stunned. And just like that, a billion and one thoughts and questions hit my mind.