This is the sun behind the rain 12

A/N: Dammit. I got an idea and now I feel like it is too similar to this story. Ugh. If I get it out I hope it isn't. Anyhow, here we are. And as I said the cliffhanger wasn't too bad ;)

------

"Mike! What the hell happened?!", Chester rushed inside the hospital room followed by the guitarist and the drummer.

Mike shook his head not really wanting to talk. His nose had some white tape on the bridge and the color under his eyes was some crazy shade of 'I have been punched'. The skin on his cheek and temple was raw and bruising too. Chester felt like his heart was being crushed. Why the fuck again does he had to be hurt, he thought.

"Are you alright?", the blond grabbed his hand only making Mike try to pull his away.

"No. I'm not letting you go", he pulled his lips to a tight line.

Brad frowned and turned to look at the drummer who looked clearly uncomfortable.

"You must be Mr. Bennington", suddenly a police officer was in the room closing a door behind him.

"Yes?", Chester arched his brow.

"I talked with Mr. Shinoda earlier briefly and decided it would be better to wait you. You two could leave us alone for a while. This shouldn't take long", the officer nodded at Brad and Rob and sat down opening a paper pad.

Chester shrugged to the others and watched them leave the room.

"So I got your statement about the rape. Now we have to talk about the attempt who lead to the death of a person that was involved in the rape", the officer said making Chester gasp.

The hell?! He knew about that already? Mike had told that all. Alone?!, he thought feeling his heart race.

"Do you have to use that word?", Chester sighed squeezing Mike's hand who seemed like he didn't want to hear about it at all.

"Yes. I'm sorry but there are no better term that would be as straight forward. Tell me about the incident Mr. Bennington?", the police shook his head.

"Well... I went to the toilet and the man suggested that we should have 'fun time'. I said no and he didn't let me leave. Then he... he ripped my shirt. I tried to get away but he said he had a friend waiting outside. And then he started to unbuckle my belt. I got angry and screamed at him to get off of me and he hit me. Next I know Mike came in the toilet. The man... he was happy that Mike was there. And then Mike asked him to release me. He didn't. He started to choke me. And Mike... He hit him apparently with a beer glass. I didn't see it but we talked about it later. The man released me and then Mike grabbed me and we ran outside. After we had talked with our friends for a second we headed home. But why the hell are we talking about me when he is the one hurt here?!", Chester stopped getting an annoyed look from the police.

"He is fine now. Let's continue with the story shall we?", the officer sighed.

Chester glanced at Mike who was looking in front of him his glazed eyes filled with tears. Shit. Shit, shit, shit, Chester thought just wanting to hug the half Asian.

"We ran home and he crumbled. Only then he told me who the man was. He had recognized his voice. And we told the rest for our friends. That's the story", Chester rushed his words.

"Okay. The talk with the bartender I have already heard. Mr. Shinoda tell me about the attack today? You already told that they were the other two that raped you", the officer made Chester cringe at the word choice. Why do they have to be so blunt, he thought.

"I was walking home from work. The other yelled and cause I recognized the voice I turned around. Then he said that I was the one that killed their friend. It took me some seconds to realize who they were. And then I tried to ran. They tripped me. And...", Mike explained his voice monotonic until it faded away mid sentence.