Everything will be the same no matter what I try 11

A/N: Sorry... :S And sorry for the tiny bit cliffhanger. Not too bad though!

Warning- dark themes (what a surprise)

Enjoy. Or something

------

Few weeks had passed and they had gotten used to the normal routines. Even though they didn't really have songs to play yet the bassist had visited them and then had fun with them. So they agreed they would meet up later when he would be in the city.

Chester was working in the burger joint pretty much every day. He didn't hate the job but it wasn't something he would want to do the rest of his life. Mike had gone back to his own work and finally his boss was accepting that he was ready. Well now he was. He still couldn't bend properly but the ribs didn't really bother him anymore.

The healing he really needed was for the scars that weren't showing. Except when he occasionally just had melt downs. He would cry and scream and afterwards feel himself so stupid and helpless when Chester was hugging him and trying to take the pain away. But his talking had improved too. With Brad and Chester he had gotten something on paper that reminded him how silly things he used to rap about. Not so light anymore, he thought. It was still good thing. Even though it made them see what he felt like. What they encouraged him to do, but he didn't really like the 'poor Mike'- looks.

They were actually pretty good team. Their style was way more heavier than someone would think rap could fit in but they all loved it and enjoyed making it so they didn't try to force to other direction. Mike had questioned was it really what they wanted cause he still felt like he was kind of like an outsider interrupting their 'thing'.

"Fuck the others. We do music for ourselves", Brad had answered and the rest nodded.

Which was pretty much the final word for him and he decided that he would offer his ideas in the future too. They sure were very vocal if they didn't like his ideas. And that was also one of his favourite things in them. Brad would roll his eyes and Chester would giggle. Then they would argue for a while loudly and finally the guitarist would shake his head and say it wasn't good and that he should do it again. After doing it several times again they sometimes got really excited like he was some kind of Columbus. He had even gotten some studio equipment in their tiny bedroom which made them feel like it was a real band and they were really trying to achieve something.

Calling it 'their' made his heart feel weird. Their bedroom, their band, their house. He still didn't know what they were doing with the blond but they were enjoying themselves which was the most important thing. Especially after the attack, Chester would have added. They didn't have any rush so they were taking it easy. He could have never thought it would be so much fun just to cuddle with someone. And sleep. Sleeping with Chester was the best thing really. When he woke up in the middle of the night to a nightmare or just couldn't sleep the blond who was breathing heavily in his lap calmed him down instantly. And waking up next to him. Seeing the smile that lit up Chester's face when he yawned lazily and kissed him good morning was such a delight.

But now he was getting his last minutes at his workplace done and ready to get home. The boss had been really generous and even made sure he had always a stronger person with him to help with the heavy liftings. Mike didn't mind. Having some company was good but he really did want his ribs to heal properly. Especially when these late shifts could get pretty boring.

Walking home had come more and more easier, so now when he closed the store door and stepped outside he was feeling calm. He hadn't listened to music with the earphones after the attack and wouldn't probably in long time. He had tried it though just with lower volume. The smooth cold plastic of the earphones in his ears and music added to that was something what made his skin crawl. So instead he texted Chester that he had left work and would be home soon and started to walk.