0.5

The next day I woke up to someone knocking on my door. To my surprise it was Jacob. I laughed at the dark circle around his eye from me beating his ass.

"What do you want Jacob?" I asked. "My mom talked to your mom and they thought it would be funny if we hung out while we were suspended." I honestly forgot that our moms traded numbers before we left. Seeing as his mom hated homophobia, they got along pretty well. It was kind of a surprise since Jacob and I were trying to beat each other up. "Can you just go back home? It's like eight in the morning," I said while craving my bed. "As much as I want to, I can't. My mom is watching me from her car." I looked behind him to see none other than his mom. I waved quickly and let Jacob into the house.

"Well, I'm sleepy and I don't like you so I'll be upstairs getting my beauty rest. You can watch TV and there's tons of food in the kitchen," I said almost all the way up the stairs until Jacob called my name. "I just want to say that I'm sorry for yesterday. I have a reputation to uphold and I had to say those bad things about you," he explained. "As much as I want to believe you, I can't. You could've just stayed quiet," I said in a calm way, but believe me when I say I was angry. He came into my house after treating me terribly. "I can't blow my cover. If I don't say anything they might get suspicious. Please trust me. I don't have anything against the LGBT community. My moms are lesbian and I definitely love them. I don't think anyone should be discriminated against. I just want to fit in. Please forgive me and maybe we can be friends and make our day just a little bit better." He seemed genuine so I accepted his apology and we pretty much got through the day not hating each other.

"I just want to say thank you for giving me this black eye. I know that sounds crazy, but I deserved it. I'm going to try and be a better person." "You're welcome. I think you deserved it as well. I hope we can be friends at school." "Now that I'm turning over a new leaf, of course, we can." I was kind of happy that he changed in a fast way and all it took was a black eye. It was never like this at my old school. I just got beat up and nobody ever changed.

The living room door opened and it was Steven coming in from work with Jacob's mom, the one that I haven't met before, laughing up a storm. "Hey, mama!" He yelled when she came in. I noticed that he called his moms different variations of the word "mom". "Hey, it looks like you and Hunter are getting along now. I still don't like how you're trying to fit in by using those slurs and I hope you stop." "Mama, I'm sorry and I know it hurts you when I say it. I'll stop." He seemed like he really meant it, but honestly you can never be sure.

After we hung out and had dinner with our parents Jacob and I traded numbers. Since he said he was turning over a new leaf I decided to give him a chance and be friends with him. Who knows, maybe it'll be a good thing.