w a r

You would think this nightmare would have ended by now, but if anything, it just got worse from here on in.

The stranger never took off his mask to show himself. Coward.

The beatings were getting worse by the second, and they were bad enough before I went to Amity, to Candor, to anywhere.

This has happened for too long, and now with the war happening...

I don't know how I'm gonna make it to my choosing ceremony with all this going on...

The only thing keeping me going on was having the thought of Tommy, Mar and Charly from Erudite still being alive.

Which reminds me.

I should probably get Tommy safe from the upcoming attacks. He probably won't believe me when I say a war is about to happen.

Despite all that, I change into my uniform, then duck outside my window, unlike my nature, to sneak over to Tommy's house to tell him.

I dodge the incoming buildings and people to reach the corner of my block, then shimmy down the alleyway to the back of his house (not actually shimmying, it's just an expression). Then I sneak up to his room, and do our secret friendship knock. 5 knocks, wait, 3 knocks, wait, one knock, wait, two knocks, slam.

I don't know if he was awake or not, but he definitely did not look happy. With his messy short bed hair and crystal blue orbs gazing distantly towards my direction. My eyes try to move down to the floor but I quickly catch myself, and look up.

Only to find that I have directly locked eyes with my best friend. I'm basically forced to look at his face.

"Well one of us has to do something."

"And you'll be the victim."

"Wha-"

I'm stopped in my tracks as I'm tackled to the ground, being initiated in a tickle war.

"Oh no you didn't!"

He gets me right in the most ticklish part.

My right foot.

"ARRGH!" I shout

He does nothing to stop it, laughs genuinely, and then gets back to tickling me.

Arsehole.

"THOMAS!"

"UGHH!"

He stops tickling me for a split second, then goes somewhere else. I take this opportunity to slap him, but I was either too slow, or he was too quick.

He then stops tickling me, but puts his hand on my stomach.

I go stiff.

Then I slap him, and start to beat him up.

And then he starts to scream like a little girl.

"Get off me!!!" he screams.

While I'm beating him up, I hear giggling from the back window.

I wonder who that could be (!)

"Please, have mercy!" he sniffs

"Why should I?" I smirk "You were the one who started tickling me"

"Please, I'm begging you! I'll do anything!"

"Anything?"

"Yes, anything!"

"Fine."

"Phew."

"But you owe me a favour."

"Fine" he sighs "I'll do the favour."

"That's what I thought." I smirk.

I hear a faint beeping noise in the background, and more giggling from outside.

"So you gonna get ready..?"

"Or nah!" he interjects

We both laugh at that stupid joke we made that was from eons ago.

"Seriously, get ready. Your hair looks like a rats ass."

"Ouch. I'm hurt."

He put his hand over his heart, faking hurt.

He then lets out a massive sigh.

"No, really? I was going to go to school like this."

"What, in your pajamas?"

"...Fine. I'll change."

He turns to look at me in the eyes

"Only for you, darling." he smirks in a very sarcastic matter

"You and your games, I swear." I sigh

So he leaves and gets ready, taking 10 minutes to do so.

"Took you long enough." I smirk

Then we go to school, and that's what we normally do.

Up until now.

There were Dauntless all over the place. and I mean all over the place.

They were everywhere.

And they were holding guns, and shooting the place down.

I saw that they were about to shoot Tommy's little sister, Lilly.

No way is that happening.

So I grab the nearest thing I can find and whack the soldier holding Lilly unconscious.

Then I grab his gun, and whack the living daylights out of each soldier in range.

Each one until they're unconscious.

Then I grab Tommy's sister Lilly

And run.

I run, grabbing Tommy, and others, on the way.

And we make it to the supposed safe haven of the dauntless compound, all of us, all alive, and all in one piece.

A gunshot ringing out can only mean one thing.

The war has begun.