h o r r o r

Ouch.

It's hard to believe that the war is just about over.

But my war is nowhere near over. Not until it's my choosing ceremony, unless I get the result I hoped that I wouldn't get.

That would be pure torture.

The beatings are getting even worse than ever, but not by the same person as all those years ago.

But by my so called mother.

She lives with the factionless, and as of now I do too. But not really, as I've been staying with Tommy for most of the time. And let me tell you this, when I get home, it's basically a murder scene. She's the killer and I'm the victim, except I never die. I'm pushed to the point that I am almost unconscious.

Then I struggle to drag myself into the room, which I eventually do, and sleep

for the night.

But this time, I gathered my strength and walked to my secret hiding spot, to see that my classmates, and many others are there, in the safe zone. Many dauntless are there, so if they come, we will live.

Hopefully.

A night passes without me getting knocked out, and I swear I felt someone trying to protect me, keeping me warm and safe.

🎶So you could say, just for tonight, that you and I, will be alright.🎶

The familiar song popped into my head as I drift asleep.

-the next morning-

I wake up and realise that my makeup is in my pocket, and a mirror is in the safe zone. So I quickly duck into the nearest bathroom and cover up my bruises, and maybe, I'll make myself look pretty for once.

"You look pretty without trying." A vaguely familiar voice says

I turn around and see a boy. A boy with the most mesmerising eyes and the perfect messy hair, wait...

Why am I talking about my best friend like this?

Oh well.

"Oh. Ha. Ha. Ha." I say, deadpan "That is hilarious."

"No it's not." he says "You are truly beautiful."

"Cool story bro. Now let's see what's actually happening out there."

So we go for a walk to the city, and oh boy, I have never seen so many clueless people in my life!

"What in the name of..."

Memory serum...

"What's that?"

"It's a serum." I say like it's the most obvious thing ever. "It clears memories."

He looks at me confused

"I think that's what it does." I say

"And it is." a voice shouts from behind

It's Charlita, from Erudite. aka the smart-arses and noses.

"Thanks for that, Charly." we say in unison, obviously sarcastically.

"Hey, I was only trying to help!" she shouts

"Sssshhh!" someone shouts "Come back, and quickly!"

So we all head back to the safe zone.

The war is over now, due to the effects of the serum.

I hope the man forgets to get me, because I would be more than overjoyed if he did.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end...

He did come back.

I was thrown around in between the houses.

The beatings got even worse.

The factions had fallen, only to be brought back by these other people who thought they were god.

My feeling of never belonging was getting deeper than ever before.

New rules were put in place.

The punishments of breaking them became worse than just a detention.

People were dying every day.

And the killings were getting more dramatic and majoritic on the 27th day of every month.

Everything was changing.

We never wanted this.

I had to rebel against the new system to even stay alive.

I had to pay the price.

And that was why there was no surprise when 2 years later, I found myself surrounded, and soaked, in a pool of my own blood.