The father and the solution part 2

The memories, the confession and the argument.

Eleven.

I shake hands with John. I didn't realise her nightmares were so horrendous until just now. 3:00AM? There's something severely wrong here. I've witnessed her nightmares, but that doesn't explain why they're happening. Why am I so concerned? She's not even a proper companion. I've not even met her before, oh.

"Well then Doctor, would you like to come inside?" John asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turn to him and clap my hands.

"Why not?" I exclaim a beaming smile, hiding all my concerns. John walks on ahead, with me and Ikari following. The silence is getting a little bit awkward now. Probably should do something.

"Oooh, a new house. Usually I end up in old houses, or at a friends. Not in a new.. House." The house comes into view and has a very Georgian look to it. It has a daunting facade, with big pillars holding up the porch. I hear Ikari chuckle from beside me.

"Its newer on the inside. We should go round the back, we're closer to the kitchen and you can meet my insufferable younger siblings. They are sooo annoying." Her brothers? Of course her brothers, idiot. How could I forget?

"How old are they?" She forgot to mention earlier. We're following her father closely. I don't trust him. He seems a bit too trigger happy for my liking.

"My triplets are both the same age as me, which is 18, and the twins are both 7. You've met my triplets. The twins are identical, one's called Sam the other's called Scott. Scott's usually the one who's covered in a messy substance."

"Right, look for the muck." She laughs, that beautiful laugh.

"Yeah, look for the muck. Are you going Yorkshire on me?"

"I dunno love*, I might be." I reply in my best Yorkshire accent.

"You sound more Barnsley* than't* pennines." She replies. I just look at her bewildered. Pennines?

"Doctor? Hello, Earth to the Doctor, are you receiving me?"

"Pennines?"

"What?"

"Pennines. What are the Pennines?"

"Ohhh, you dint* say that did ya'? The Pennines is the area covering the Peak District and Sheffield and Manchester." (AN-Google maps, the peak district, use hybrid. You'll see what I mean.) I hear a new voice.

"John?" A woman's voice calls.

"Yes darling?" She's his wife. Obviously.

"Would you take the boys out to the park?"

"I can't, Ikari's visiting, and she's brought a friend." The word friend is said slightly menacingly.

"OK. Luke, George?" Her voice gets quieter as she looks for them. I stop, seeing John waiting for us.

"Doctor, you have to explain everything to me, my wife and Ikari. If you can stop her nightmares do it, but after that point you can't see her again. Do you understand?" That depends.

"Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I can't promise that until she's mentally fine again. Understand?" He clenches his jaw, and grinds his teeth. He doesn't get refused a lot.

"Fine." He spits through gritted teeth, before turning and walking into the house.

"Come on then, Doctor." Says Ikari, dragging me into the kitchen. It has a rustic, cottage feel, with a large stove and a gas hob, but the worktops are marble and modern. I like this kitchen, a lot.