Poison

Mikasa snuck out early that morning when the sunbeams made the dew on the grass shine. She quietly shuffled through the water crate. Each person had their own bottle, tightly capped and sealed. Grabbing one at random, she unscrewed the lid and flicked the cap off of her own bottle of poison. The smell was potent, almost unbearable, like rotting flowers. It ceases to own a colour but the smell made up for it. She tipped the bottle up and let the liquid trickle into the water, less enough to be unnoticeable. Just before hiding back in her tent with Sasha, she threw it into Levi's belongings.

Levi doesn't drink much in one day, so it was only later in the day when he had time to drink. It pleased her very much too see him only two minutes later uncontrollably coughing. Eren asked if anything was wrong but Levi told him to just back off. He didn't though. After all, he is Eren Jager. After recovering from his coughing fit, Levi seamed fine for the rest of the day, and he did have the common sense to tip out the rest of the water. This disappointed Mikasa very much, despite enjoying the event earlier.

It was only until the next cold, crisp morning rolled around the poison had begun to take effect. When everyone had emerged from their tents, a few had noticed that Levi had completely vanished. Armin suggested that he was embarrassed about yesterday but Eren denied this, convincing him that Levi would've gotten over it. "But don't you think it's a little, I don't know... odd?" Armin asked. "In what way?" Eren raised an eyebrow to the little blonde. "The fact that he just disappeared without a trace?"
"Mh, probably just patrolling with Hanji."
"Mabye," But Armin sounded uncertain. Armin was in fact right as Hanji asked the exact same question when she returned. "Should we look for him?" Asked Eren. "Nah give him a minute and he'll come back, believe me." As if she knew, Levi did eventually return but something wasn't right. He looked paler than normal and tired, like he hadn't slept at all. "I told you!" Hanji whispered with smugness. "Nope, something... ain't right," said Eren, glancing at the captain slightly. "It's fine he'll be back to normal in no time" she reassured, "whatever normal is".

But he didn't. Later that day Eren crept up to him. "Sir, are you feeling alright?" He asked. "Why do you ask?" Was Levi's response. "You don't seem yourself". "And you know me how?" Said Levi, leaning back against a tree. "N-never mind," Eren stuttered. Levi faced away from Eren, feeling dizzy and  nauseous. He tried to walk away before stopping, his head spinning. Eren looked up to see Levi collapse in-front of him. "Captain!" He shouted. Levi had fainted.

There was a lot of commotion and people talking at once. "What happened?"
"Is that the Captain?"
"Oh my god!"
"What's with the crowd?" Hanji made herself herd over everyone else. They all parted slightly. "Shit, what happened Eren?" She sat next to Eren, who was on the floor too. "How am I supposed to know he just, dropped!" Said Eren panicking. Hanji suggested support his head with something but not to move him. For the next hour or so, Levi stay passed out, Hanji walked continuously in circles and Eren curled up nervously, biting his nails.

Around noon, all the cadets started asking ridiculous questions to Hanji like "Will he ever wake up?".
"Of corse he will idiot!" Eren growled. With that, Levi's eyes snapped open and he sat up sharply, startling everyone. They all stared. "Captain are you okey?" Eren's words were rushed. "Why am I on the floor?" Questions Levi flatly. "Sir you fainted"
"Oh..."
"...are you sure nothings wrong?"
"Leave it out would you brat," again he tried to stand but fell forward and Eren has to grab Levi by the arm. "Sir you have to rest," insisted Eren. Levi glared and said nothing. "Please..?" Levi sneered but nodded, stumbling to his feet. The tent was no warmer that the harsh cold outside, the grass, wet and crisp but it was dry so that's what mattered. Mikasa may have been smiling before but now she became mad when she saw Eren warming up to Levi like this whilst making efforts to care for him.

Eren pokes his head inside Levi's tent. "Your not alright Captain I can tell,"
"Can you now?"
"Sir don't be like this,"
"Get out of hear Jager,"
"But sir..."
"Leave me ALONE Jager!" Levi shouted causing Eren to jump. He cowered back and slunk off, depressed once again. Hanji asked if Levi had said anything. "No..." Eren replied sadly. "Cheer up, this isn't the only time he shoved someone off for trying to get him to say anything," she laughed. "Has he ever broken?"
"Once before but only when his best friends died in battle,"
"I know how that feels," said Eren.
"Not with Levi you don't, that was one of his major downfalls," Hanji was serious now. "I... never knew" Eren looked at Levi's tent in the corner of his eye. "No one does. It's okey though, just, don't ever speak of this again little titan." Hanji winked at Eren. "Sure,"
"I'm sure he'll be fine soon enough don't look so sad!" Eren smiled slightly. Hanji had a way of cheering him up a bit.

Mikasa watched this coversation whilst mumbling to herself. After watching Levi's little put on, and Eren casually holding his arm like that, she was even more desperate to rid him from the world. She could be Eren's shoulder to cry on "When I next get the chance, Captain," she whispered to herself, "your dead."

A/N
Please don't criticise this too much as I know it's my first fan fiction but I still appreciate how much I've gotten out of this in a short amount of time. I'm also aware that this author note is unbearably cringe worthy but plz don't judge. You guys are awesome! Byeeeeeeeee