Life carries on

There wasn't much hope in anyone anymore. Thankfully, Jean had now stopped teasing Eren about relationships and gave up on humanity all together. Hanji wasn't quite the same as she used to be, but still tried to keep her spirits up. Erwin carried on as usual, and never wanted to look back on the past. Armin didn't want any of this to happen in the first place, always trying to act normal but Mikasa was gone and Eren was still grieving after Levi's death. Everyone else lost hope.

There was deviation after that. A huge ambush completely destroyed Head Quarters and everyone was forces to leave. It was hard and they had to flee from the safety of the walls since they weren't much protection anymore. It was a dangerous risk but they had to go together.

The luck they experienced wasn't that bad. Tracking through mud, trees and grass planes, they only stumbled apon a titan attack 4 times.

The only time anyone perked up was when they discovered a new type of landscape. Heavily windy, scattered with sand dunes and prickly grass. The air smelled salty and Armin began to get exited. He thought he knew where he was.

It was a hard climb, worth it though.

The sun was blinding as it reflected off of the shimmering blue waves. They crashed, spraying minute water particles everywhere, foam washing up onto the soft, golden sand. "Oh my goodness!" Armin gasped. "Eren! Eren look!" And he grabbed Eren by the sleeve. Everyone ran down, the sea air blowing against them. "I knew we would find it some day and we did. This is incredible! Eren?"
"Yeh, it's amazing." Which wasn't quite the reaction Armin was hoping for. "Is everything alright?" He asked. "I think, it's just that..."
"You miss them, I know." Armin hugged him. "I miss them too, we all do, but we finally got here, look how amazing it is!"
"It doesn't feel right, going on." There was silence, apart from the breeze and the voices of their comrades. "You liked him didn't you?" Stated Armin. He nodded. "And I can understand why Mikasa would've been jealous... c'mon let's not dwell on the bad things and be happy for once!" He smiled and ran off.

Eren wandered down to the water and knelt, not bothering to take his boots off, getting his lower uniform wet. The sea was cool and sparkled in the sunlight. The sand shuffled slightly and Eren peered closer. There was a little creature, no bigger than a penny, with six pointy legs and sharp tiny claws. Never seeing anything like it, he picked it up and let the crab scuttle around on his hand. Armin was delighted with the sight and everyone gathered round to admire the copper coloured crab. He let Armin take the crab and sat back, looking at the material he took from Levi wrapped round his wrist. Jean came up behind him. "I'm not in the mood for anything."
"No fear, I ain't hear to torment you." Eren looked at the floor. "I know how you feel." Said jean, casually standing next to Eren. "No you don't."
"Ok, I kinda know how you feel. Humanities over, and we've lost hope."
"All you care about is the fact that Mikasa's dead and you fancied her like crazy." Jean rolled his eyes.
"You can't say much. You liked Captain Levi."
"N-no..." Eren blushed.
"Uh Yes... but I don't mind, it's not like I was going to hurt anyone."
"It shouldn't have got anyone killed. I was just happy to feel wanted again."
"Armins' right, you need to cheer up. For some reason, whenever your sad, so is everyone else." He put his hand on Eren's shoulder. "Come on get up. I know how much you've wanted to see this." Jean left and Eren stood up. He stared beyond the abyss of the deep blue ocean. A slight breeze blew.

"I'm sorry... I wish you two were hear to see this..."

(A/N)
That's it! Sorry for the sad ending... I hope you guys enjoyed it and I thank you all for the amazing support I've gotten!!! It's been amazing. And don't think that I'm stopping hear, there will be more angst to come, but until next time my fellow dork squad. You guys are awesome!!! Byeeeeee!!!!!!