Chapter 7 - Bold Move

Zayn never felt this way before. He was so euphoric. He felt blessed, satisfied and impulsed to do something all at once. He wanted to share it with someone. It was a huge achievement after all.

      Diana,  he thought, should he tell her ? But she won't be least bit interested to hear him out. But someone has to know. I might just try.

      He went home early with dinner from restaurant. It's still evening. She wouldn't have cooked by now, he had thought.

   And he was right. When he entered the kitchen, he noticed nothing was in the oven or stove. The kitchen was spotless. 

     He looked for Diana and found her lying on the bed. Eyes shut and even breaths, She was sleeping on the bed.

    But this was weird.

   She was sleeping on the bed.
  Sleeping while the clock says 6 p.m.

   She never slept on the bed. She never slept this early. She stays awake till midnight. She's awake even when Zayn goes to sleep. And he had found her awake when sometimes  he woke up at night.

    The kitchen's all tidy and clean.
  Yesterday's groceries untouched in the fridge.

   Somethings definitely wrong.

  Zayn took a deep breath before deciding it's enough. Enough of the inner battle. He has to wake her up. What if something's happened to her ? She stayed hungry all day!

     So what if she lashed out on him. At least that way he will know that she is okay.

   He sat on the bed beside her sleeping body, switching on the lights, making the brightness sweep into the room, clearing his throat, he called out her name.

    " Diana!"

   No response.

   Few more attempts but no response.

   He touched her arms, while reciting her name, like a little boy learning his words a day before his exams. Stirring slightly, She opened her eyes. Blinking couple of times, She was floored to see the chocolate brown eyes staring at her.

     "What? What is it ?" She inquired with a gruff voice, her eyes looking tired and sleepy

   "Is something wrong ? Are you alright ?"  He questioned back.

   "Yeah! Yeah I am. Why ?"

   "You had lunch?"

     She didn't replied.

  "You skipped it, didn't you ?"

     "Yes."

  "Why?"

    She went silent again. Just staring blankly.

  " You didn't had anything to eat. Why ?" He pressed more to get the answer, but she didn't. She just stared at the walls.

    Knowing there was no point in asking, he ignored the question and said, " Never mind. I got some Chinese takeout. Chicken soup. Would you like to have some ? "

    She nodded a yes at that.

    " Good." He smiled. "How about you freshen up and till then I'll set it out ? "

     Without waiting for her response, he went back to serve the food in the plates. He had a good feeling about it. It was a good start. For the first time, they'll have dinner together. And while they eat, he can try to make small talk like he did right now, sharing his events of the day, and concluding with the big news.

      He finally can talk with someone. He can share his day with someone. He was more than excited about it. He had someone to talk to, discuss with. He couldn't wait.

      Minutes passed and Diana didn't show up. He went to call her again when she was found sitting on the bed just he had left her, as usual staring in the space.

    " Hey! Come let's have dinner. It's getting cold."

    Seeing she's not even budging and she never will, Zayn brought the plated to the bed. With a bowl of soup in his hand he sat on the bed.

    That's when he observed her. She looked weak. Of course she did. She hasn't eaten anything. He was glad he brought the food. Cooking would have consumed an hour or too, depending on the recipe he choose.

     He lended the bowl, but instead of taking in his hands she just looked feebly at it. He was perplexed. "It will get bleak in few minutes, once it's out."

    He didn't had anything else to say to her. He didn't had any excuse to feed her. What else can he say? That he was worried about her. He don't want her to go to bed hungry. No! Cold food was basically the only excuse running out of his mouth. So he just used that repeatedly.

    "Here!" He grabbed a spoonful and took it towards her mouth, trying to feed the soup with his hands. A bold attempt that was, he realised. What was he thinking ?

     What a sick move! After all that happened, after her strict warning to stay away from her, what on earth am I doing?  Do I need more slaps from her ? Why did I do that ? A little progress I made, talking with her, conversing with her. That was the most I've ever heard from her. The most I've gotten out from her. Why am I trying to ruin it by doing thisShe will slap me or my hand or the whole bowl of soup or even the entire plate of food! All the mess it will create. On the bed, on the floor and already messed up life. Why did I do this ?

      He wanted to take back his hand but it was too late. The spoon was mere a centimetre away from her lips.

                  *******

       Cliffhanger ! Haha haha! I am evil and I know that. Lol.... please vote and comment as always that's what  I will ask you to do. Thank you.