Chapter 9 - Amended

She wasn't left with any choice. So she walked back to bed, fuming with anger and shocked with disbelief. He knew she wanted to shout, throw things at him but didn't know why she went against all and back to bed.

Trying to catch up with some sleep, he laid with eyes closed and eventually sleep welcomed him with open arms.

In the morning, his slumber was again broken with the same puking sound. But this time the sunlight coming from the curtains proved he slept more than he should. The time said 9.30.a.m.

After what happened last time when he went to help her, he decided against going this time.

He went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast and his daily dose of caffeine. When she came out of the bathroom and throwed herself on bed, he showered and got ready to get to work. Without uttering a single word he left.

She didn't mind it either. She wanted him to leave. And was kind of expecting him to. But what she wasn't expecting was a steaming huge cup of coffee with a bonus of cheese toast neatly placed on the bedside table.

She didn't realized how starved she was until her eyes fell on the the delicious brekkie. When her hands held the cup, the aroma of coffee itself soothed her pounding head. And what was it again ? Ginger too?

She always thought ginger was tea's mistress. But the way ginger melted and blended, making love with the coffee and together they worked miracle on her nauseous state, She knew it was going to be her next love from the moment.

Instantly feeling better, ginger coffee ticked to number one on her favourites list. The way her sickness was lulled to sleep by the miraculous drink he prepared, the way it calmed her disturbed stomach, the way it created much needed space for some food to stuff in, at that moment she was thankful to him.

She managed to smack the plate clean and licked the last drop of coffee left, sighing with relief. Feeling suddenly zappy, after almost 18 hours of sickness and lying on the bed, she decided to make herself efficacious.

Taking an extra long much needed shower, it helped in releasing all the tense muscles. The aftermath was urging her to do something and not just wait aimlessly for nothing to happen. She was surprised to have find this sudden urge. It was something she thought was dead since the last 11 months. Something that can never come back to life. But today it did.

What was it that caused it's comeback ? Was it the special coffee or this sickness which came as a blessing in disguise ? She was feeling very weak and all the barfing up has left null amount of energy in her. But after the delicious breakfast she felt everything was better.

Whatever it was, she's not going to waste it. Not going to let it go any time soon. She cleaned up the little house, organizing every little things that was lying here and there. Did the laundry which was never even touched before by anyone except Zayn.

And much to her astonishment, she cooked her favourite meal that day. Italian spaghetti with meat balls and garlic bread. It's been over a year since she last made that.

Usually she would just cook basic stuff, which she can mouth only to satisfy her stomach, not her taste buds. But today she made something delicious. She made enough amount to serve both of them. It won't be fair to not cook for him, especially after what he did for her in the morning, she thought.

Till noon, she has already cooked and cleaned and filled her belly and has nothing left to do. And that's when it creeped back. The loneliness, the aimlessness. And what she thought would be a good day was instantly drowned in her own tears. There's nothing left in her life.

Married to a man she disliked, broken by a man she loved, snap slashed all the strings with her family and friends, no job, no career. What has she done to her life?

At the time, she did what she was pro in doing. She cried herself to sleep. That's what she's been doing till now. Sleep would take away her pain. But then there's also a downside of it. She slept in noon crying the heartache away, so at night she couldn't even bat an eyelash.

She would beg for the sleep goddess ( if there's any) to send her some sleep fairies, but she was always left disappointed and left alone to cry and cry herself to sleep.

*******

While things were as tragic as someone could imagine for Diana, For Zayn, things were felicitous.
While Diana was left with no purpose and aim in life, Zayn found a new goal and solid determination to reach that.

A boutique was all he dreamed of till now, and walking into a brand new empty store, he took a deep breath. It smelled of cheap paints, lime and white washed walls needed a new paint.

The tiled floor needed a clean off to remove all the white cement which peeked through the edges. New mannequins and curtains and bright lights, LEDs and carpets, he tried to jot it all in his notepad.

When he reached on the last floor, the vast room with a huge glass slider, the view behind it almost took his breath away. When he took a deep breath, a new sense of jubilant elated his chest.

He already made up his mind, this will be his office. He made a new list of the requirements an ideal office would need, and gave it to a very happy looking Kayden with a big goofy smile plastered on his face.

"You need to rub that grin off your face." Zayn muttered, rolling his eyes.

"And you need to express your feelings instead of keeping them bottled up." He replied in a split second.

"Okay. What exactly..." Started Zayn and was abruptly interrupted mid way.
"Oh please. Like I haven't seen you suppressing a smile since the moment we have stepped inside. What's the deal in smiling out? And don't even try to deny that you are not happy. Your eyes have never been brighter."

" Fine. Here it is. I am smiling. Happy now ?" Zayn said, pulling his lips ear to ear, picturing a great smile.

"Yes. Better." Replied Kayden.

"Now let's get back to work. We have loads to do."

Zayn explained everything to Kayden, about all the stuff they needed, workers to call, wallpapers and paint, frames and chandeliers and carpeted floor.

He wanted his store to look exactly like he had dreamed one day. A lavish, capturing hearts of every person who laid their eyes and stepped in here.

" But do you think we can afford all this? " Asked Kayden.

" Yes. Of course Kay. We've been rubbing our asses off till now. Do you not think that paid off ? All the things we never bought and places we never visited, all the savings, what's it all for ? For this. That one day we can own this. "

Kayden was pleasantly shocked at how Zayn used 'We' instead of 'I'. He didn't deserve that. It was all Zayn's. He only worked for him. He was just a helper boy for Zayn. Who gives this designation to a helper boy?

Kayden knew Zayn had worked day and night for this. He never went on any outings, he hated prodigality. He lived a simple life, only spending on basic necessities. He deserved it. It's his.

"You've earned it, Sir. Not me. You have such a big heart, it amazes me each time you befriend my name in your efforts. It's true that I am working with you. But this, everything, it's all because of you. You have earned it. I was just a helping hand. Thank you from the depths of my heart. I don't deserve a boss like you."

" Back with the boss-sir thing now, aren't you? No matter what you think of yourself, Kay, you are more than just a 'go to guy or an assistant' to me. You are also my friend. It's not my efforts. It's ours. We have earned it."

"But.."

"No buts and ifs. Now get back to work. It's your boss's order." He mock glared him.

"Yes Sir." Kayden saluted him naughtily, but in his heart he meant it, he wanted to salute him. He immediately did what he was told to do.

*******