Chapter 10 - Little mistake

Zayn didn't know what was awaiting him at home. Deadly tired, as he slipped off his shoes and was about to fall on the bed, his eyes noticed a figure obtained the bed.

    Looking at the time, he was not surprised. It was late, of course she went to bed. But what really startled him was that smell.

     That scrumptious aroma did not belong to his house. His house never smelled this good, until on weekends when he decide to cook something in particular. Other then that, it was basic smelling, Pasta and noodles, or chicken salad and rice.

     But this was something different. The cheesy and melted garlic fragrance wafted in his nostrils and ironically his stomach loudly grumbled.

    God! He was starving. When he went to the kitchen, he was disappointed and proved right. His kitchen was empty. So the smell definitely did not belong to his house then.

     Just when he was about to open the refrigerator, scavanging for any left overs to fill his hungry  tummy, his eyes fell on the microwave. The smell got really strong there, it was coming from here, he thought.

      He opened the microwave and found a huge bowl of spaghetti and above the bowl was a plate adorned with the world's best looking, best smelling garlic bread. He heated the food, and opened the microwave just before the little beast beeps. He didn't wanted to wake her up or disrupt her sleep.

     Diving in the divine food, he realised what a smashing cook she is. This was a newfound fact about her, which was pleasantly surprising.

   'Dinner alone is one of life's pleasure' said Laurie Colwin once. But dinner this delightful was devinatory, at least for him, Zayn thought.

   A satisfied stomach and tired body brings you the best sleep of your life. The moment he layed down he was fast asleep.

   Next few days passed in a blur. Zayn and Kayden being so busy building their new store into perfection. Some nights they wouldn't even go home.

     If their life would be a movie, this phase would be demonstrated in a song going fast forward. Working and cramping, having a few moments of fun, pulling each other's leg, eating on the go, rushing here and there, explaining everything to the helpers, a phone on the ear while a cup of coffee on the other hand, while the music played 'Work Work Work Work' by Rihanna.

    And at the end of the song, it was ready. Sighing deeply in relief and viewing the building, with a hint of pride and honour, like a master chef who has given valuable years of his life to a dish. Like a scientist who has not even bothered to shave in order to shape his new invention, the way he looks at it.

    They just couldn't take their eyes off their store. It was finally done. A perfect, perfect store. No touch ups left for some other day. No little thing left to buy. It was complete.

   As they walked in the store, viewing as an outsider, they were truly impressed by their own work.

    The entrance welcomed you with a huge chandelier, the mannequins with a tiny waste and full breasts, delicate hands with long legs and an improbable round derriere. The sample dresses Zayn designed were already on them, and they never looked more beautiful before.

   Now he understood why the mannequins were made that way. They are designed to make any dress look impeccable. It would wear a basic pyjama and would attract the viewer.

      The first floor mainly consisted of bridal and party and bridesmaid dresses. The pearl embellished long trailing gowns and heavily emroidered jackets.