Chapter 4: Outlaws

--Milano--

Richard groaned as he sat down. His gear was on the table across him while there was a slightly opened door to his left. The pain on his right cheek stopped swelling but the aching on his right leg was still there. He started to walk outside of the room until a tree was in his way.

"What the hell are you?" Richard questioned as he tried to push it. The tree then looked at him.

"I am Groot." Groot answered and punched him across the room. He landed on one of the working tables where some tools fell.

Richard fell on the floor as well as the tree started to walk towards him. Richard looked up to see that it was tilting his head on him, like he was its friend. Before the tree could pick him up, Quill opened the door wider and stopped what Groot was doing.

"Groot, let him go." Quill coughed and sat on the bed, "So, how are you."

"Why did you make a tree take care of me?" Richard said in anger.

"You should be asking why did we take care of you." Quill said, playing around with the Orb, "Because I think we just saved your ass."

"That thing in your possession. That weapon in your hands. You used that to destroy my planet!" Richard shouted

"Look!" Quill forcefully placed the Orb on the bed, "I didn't destroy your planet. It was the Skrulls. The Skrulls that were controlled by Thanos. I'm sure you know Thanos. The biggest asshole in the Galaxy, right?"

"B-But... You were there. With your friends. A man with a hammer and a man in a suit of armor."

"Those were good people. People who would risk their lives fighting for the universe."

"Is that what you think of them. I think they are your pets. Your slaves. You are nothing more than a leader with no knowledge of what is happening around you."

"You better be thanking me because I saved your ass back in Knowhere!" Quill shouted so loud that Gamora had to interrupt.

"Can both of you shut up! I've been trying to sleep for the past hour." Gamora said as she entered the room.

"Oh... I'm sorry. It's because this jackass keeps on using his mouth." Quill said, pointing at Richard. "He's the reason it's so loud in this ship."

"This is obviously your fault, Quill. You should have let him die back in Knowhere." Gamora shut the door as Quill and Richard stood there in silence.

"I'm a waste of space and a ravager decides to save me." Richard sat down on one of the chairs inside the room, "I'm just going to hold you back, Quill. And I promise, I'll do my best to do that."

"Shut the hell up." Quill silently said, leaving the room as well, leaving Richard and Groot.

--New Sanctuary--

Glaive and Midnight entered the ship as they were about to leave Knowhere. The tracker showed that the Infinity Stone left the atmosphere a few minutes ago. The Collector wasn't feeding Glaive enough information so he had to put him out of his misery.

Glaive entered the cockpit while Midnight returned to their room. Ebony was on the wheel while soldiers were guarding every entrance. It was said the soldiers were formed from rock out of Supergiant's power. That would be the main reason that they had a whole army at their disposal.