a lauren chapter.

I lay three outfits on my bed unable to choose which one I want to wear to Amy's graduation. Just as I decide on my dark red mini dress, my phone rings.

 Just as I decide on my dark red mini dress, my phone rings

"Yes?"

"You will not believe who I just walked in on in bed together?!?"

"Judging by your excited tone I'm assuming its not Liam and a random slut?"

I could feel her frowning.

"Too soon?"

"Very."

"Sorry. Who was it?"

"Karma and Shane!"

"Eww. I thought he was gay again?"

"Lauren!"

"What? I thought it was weird for them to date the first time. I honestly thought they were just doing it to piss you and Liam off, but then it actually lasted. They even got engaged."

"He did tell Liam that Karma was and will probably be the only girl he has romantic feelings for. Don't tell her I said that."

"No worries there."

I pack the red dress in my bag with a pair of red heels to mach.

"You're leaving today right?"

"Later on, in the evening. I shall be there by nightfall."

"Why are you leaving so late? You'll barely have any time to settle in. My ceremony is at the crack of dawn."

"Well Amy, I have to go in for work today. I have all this extra work I have to do because Karma decided to leave early so—

"Wait, what?"

"What?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You just said you had extra work to do because Karma left early. You're in New York, Karma's going to school in North Carolina."

Shit! I didn't even realize that spilled out of my mouth! Karma's going to kill me...

"Did I say that? Huh, must be delusional in the morning. Well got to go to work see you tonight!" I hung up in a hurry and tossed my phone.

Great.

I walked in to work a half hour later polished and punctual. I sit at my desk starring across from Karma's empty one.

Should I tell her Amy probably knows? I should probably text her.

I look over at my iPhone.

I don't think Amy would reveal where she got the information from, but it's not like a lot of people know. She might put two and two together.

I shrug it off. I'll just deal with it tonight.

My thoughts are interrupted by the ringing of my desk phone. "Posh Magazine, Zane Blakeman's office."

"Lauren, can you make my usual coffee and come to my office please?"

"Yes sir." I hung up and went straight to the kitchen area.

A large cappuccino with three shots of vanilla is Mr. Blakeman's preferred drink of the morning.

I knock before entering.

"Come in."

I greeted him with as warm a smile my face can make and sat his coffee down his coaster on the desk. He was busy on the phone and I took that as my cue to leave, thankfully he didn't want me to.

Zane Blakeman is the perfect example of a male specimen. His body screams male model, but he's so quiet and reserved. You wouldn't think a guy like him would be in this profession and dominating it no less.

 You wouldn't think a guy like him would be in this profession and dominating it no less

He held up a finger signaling me to wait, so I do. He takes a sip of his coffee as he finishes his phone call.

"I would like to talk to you about the report you turned in yesterday."

I nod.

"It's really good work Lauren, but I'm afraid you tried a little too hard to distinguish your work from Karma's."

"I'm sorry?"

"You two have worked here long enough for me to know your work. I know your work and I know Karma's. Now, I told Karma if she was done with her report she can leave early. Correct me if I'm wrong but you finished her report, didn't you?"

There was no use trying to hide it.

"Yes sir."

"I'm very disappointed in you Lauren. You and Karma are two of my favorite assistants. You two have a bright future of a promotion here."

"If I can explain—

"No need. I won't count this against neither of you, but be known that this a warning. Understand?"

"Yes sir."

He raises a brow and smiles at me. He nods towards the door and I shut it. I turn back around and he's on me in seconds. He picks me up and sits me on his desk.

"So, are you going to punish me now?" I ask coyly as I bite his lip.

He pulls away a little and frowns, "Lauren, I was serious."

"I know, I know. When the door is open we talk business, but when the door is close... we don't talk at all."

He devours my mouth again overtaking them with every kiss.

What can I really say about my boss? He's young, he's gorgeous, he has an amazing job, plus he's single with zero kids. What more could you want from a guy?

We finally pull away from each other. "Okay, get back to work. I just wanted a minute alone with you before you leave."

I run a hand through his soft brown hair, "I'm only going to be gone for the weekend. I'll be back on Monday."

"Yes, but the weekends are usually the time we get to spend alone."

"Are we not alone when we have sex on your desk after hours?"

He smirks.

"I'll make it up to you next weekend, promise."

He nods and we kiss again before I straighten my clothes and return to my desk.

stay tuned for a nova chapter...