Chapter 26: Taemin's apology

Kai's P.O.V.

I woke up from my dreamless slumber, when I heard the door slowly creaked open. Fluttering my eyes open, I saw Jaehee's adorable face poked inside the room.

“Good morning, Kai.” She greeted happily.

“Good morning. Come inside.” I said, rubbing my eyes and sat up on the bed.

She entered the room, carrying a breakfast tray on her hands. “Did I wake you up?” She asked adorably, as she sat beside me and laid the breakfast tray on my lap.

I smiled at her and shook my head.

“Here, go eat your breakfast.” She offered. I saw pancakes with maple syrup on top and a fresh milk as my breakfast.

“Did you make this?” I asked as I took a spoonful of this delicious pancake.

“Nope. Kyungsoo oppa made it. I don't know how to cook or bake, you know.” She said, purring her natural pink lips.

I pinched her cute cheeks playfully and said. “Well, I knew you prepared this for me so as for your effort, I appreciate it.” I smiled at her and she smiled a little.

“Anyways.. I wanted to tell you.. Can we have our first date today as a couple, Kai? I really want to go to the mall with you.” She said, flashing her priceless-super-adorable-eye-smile.

“Date? Hm, sure—“ But then, I remember I have to talk to Taemin today. Today, 9 am; at the park. “Ahm, Jaehee. I'm sorry, I just thought I have other things to do. Maybe next time?” I asked, looking at her.

“Oh.” Her adorably smiley face, frowned a little because of disappointment. I'm really sorry, Jaehee. “Okay. I understand. I'm sure it's important to you.” She said, forcing a smile but I could really feel the disappointment in her voice. “What time are you leaving, anyway?”

“Ahm, 9 am. I'm really sorry, Jaehee. I promise, next—“

“It's already 8:30 am. You should go take a shower and I'll go look for Kyungsoo oppa's clothes, for you to borrow and prepare it for you.” She cutted me off and then stood up from the bed and exited the bedroom, without even giving me an eye contact. *sigh* I know, she's really disappointed and maybe even mad at me, but I'm really sorry, I have to face Taemin today. She slammed the door close as she exited the room. Tsk.

Jaehee's P.O.V.

I proceeded to Kyungsoo oppa's bedroom to check out his wardrobe to look for the perfect clothes for Kai. As I was looking, I couldn't help myself to frown deeply. I know it's so childish of me to act this way but what can I do? I stay up all night, thinking and expecting the things Kai and I would do on our date at the mall today. I was really expecting too much, but *sigh* I guess, I stayed up all night for nothing.

Finally, I saw a large black hooded pullover jacket and a dark blue pants, perfect just for Kai's body. These clothes are too big for oppa so I know he's not going to wear it. I exited Kyungsoo oppa's room and went inside to the guest room. As I got inside, I heard the water running so I'm thinking, Kai must be taking a shower now. I placed the clothes on top of the bed and took the empty breakfast tray downstairs.

I did the dishes and did a little cleaning while waiting for Kai, to finish his shower. *sigh* I really couldn't hide how disappointed I am. I want to act mature but damn, it's our first date and he.. he.. rejected me. I want to understand him but I don't even know where is he going. I want to ask him but I'm afraid, we might argue and I don't want that to happen. *another sigh* Maybe I should go to the mall alone to relieve this disappointment within me, right?

Kai's P.O.V.

After a 15-minute-shower, I got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around the lower part of of my body. I quickly put on the clothes I found on top of the bed, I'm sure Jaehee prepared it for me. Fixed my hair and put on my shoes. After all of that, I got downstairs and I saw Jaehee, sitting on their couch, with her chin placed on her palms and her elbow placed on top of her knees, and pouting her lips. She looks cute, acting like that. I immediately walked toward her and kneeled in front of her.

“Hey, kitty. Are you mad at me?” I asked while I put my hands on her knees.

“No. Maybe just a little disappointment, I guess but I'm cool.” She said, forcing another fake smile.

“I'm sorry for disappointing you, kitty. I promise, I'll take you on a date tomorrow. As of now, I have to settle some things.” I said plainly.

She smiled a little. “Okay, I understand.”

“So, I better get going now, okay? See you later.” I said, giving her a sweet peck on the lips.

“See you later.” She said, forcing a smile again. I stood up and walked toward the door, exiting it. I waved my hand at her before I leave and she did the same.

---------------

*At the Park*

When I arrived at the park, I automatically looked for the person with a light brown colored hair and similar to me, but he's nowhere to be found.

“Kai, my dongsaeng.” I heard a familiar voice behind my back. I slowly turned around and just what I thought, it's Taemin.

He smiled at me and said. “Let's go take a sit first.” He walked toward the bench near us and sat there while I trailed behind him and sat as well, next to him. “I'm glad you came.”

I looked at him blankly. “Just go straight to the point, what do you want?” I asked, coldly.

He smiled, before speaking. “Don't be so cold, Kai. You should still respect me, I'm still your ‘Hyung’.”

I smirked, to what he said. “After all you've done.. Do you still think I should respect you?!”

“I know. I know I have done a lot of things to ruin your relationship with Jaehee but look at you now.. You finally got her as your girl. So, congratulations. You won.” He said plainly.

“Will that be all? If yes, I better get going now.” I said, as I was about to stand up from the bench but I felt Taemin's hand on my wrist.

“Sit. I'm not done talking yet.” He said, avoiding eye contact.

Like he said, I sat again on the bench.

“I'm here to apologize for everything I have done to you and Jaehee. I know, none of you might not forgive just yet but I'll wait for your forgiveness.” He said, with all sincerity in his words. “Secondly, I'd like to tell you that I'm going back to Japan to continue what I left there and I think I belong there, because here, all I could do is hurt the people whose precious to me. I'm really sorry, dongsaeng.” Taemin said, smiling a little as he tapped my shoulder.

I didn't respond since I don't know what to say anyway. Should I forgive him right now or maybe sometime later? I noticed him stood up from the bench and tapped my shoulder again. I lifted my head to see his face and I saw him smiling. “I'll get going now. I still have to buy something at the mall before I leave tomorrow. I'll be waiting for your forgiveness, okay?” He said then started walking away. “Oh! One last thing, I'll be waiting for you to call me ‘Hyung’ again.” He smiled brightly then walked away until he's out of my sight.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Another update~ I hope you liked this one, even if it's a little boring. :) Oh, I have to announce that this fic will end soon. Maybe 3 or 4 more chapters and it's 끝. So, keep supporting guys and please look forward to my next Kai fanfic. ^^ Maybe I'll update tonight? I don't know. Anyways, Vote and Comment. ♥♥

•×LuHainne