chapter 35

(Recap: Ethan left for Chicago because of his parents' divorce. Kash convinced the boys to go on an adventure.)

Melissa's POV:

For some odd reason, I was happy. For a change actually. I felt like I was content. My day has been uneventful, besides the fact that Ethan left. And suddenly Kash decided she wants to take us on a trip.

So right now, we're all in a rented mini van, heading to God knows where. I had my headphones on and had them on loud, completely muting the world around me.

Leo was driving while Kash and I managed to ride shotgun. Calum, Mikey and Sai were sitting in the second row and Chris, Luke and Ashton sat in the third row.

'Wonderwall' by Oasis was currently playing as I kept watching the passing scenery.

Gouna was all sand and sea, a little more sand than sea but it was beautiful.

I thought back to the first week the boys were here.

That felt like decades away.

I remember Calum as he watched the pyramids, Ashton blushing every time Kash was mentioned, Mikey asking Sai to be his girlfriend and Luke playing the guitar while I was singing.

I remember the time the boys dyed our hair different colors.

We were really mad.

I remember the time Niall started calling me purplette and it seemed to pick up pretty fast.

I remember when Harry followed me and I freaked out.

I remember my wild dream about Zayn, my co-worker, at the daycare.

Wow, I remember a lot of things.

I looked out the window and found rain drops covering the window while it rained.

See, that's the thing about me.

I love rain.

I love every single thing about it.

The raindrops falling to the ground in a perfect rhythm.

Raindrops are the perfect lullaby.

Well, so are songs by Oasis and The xx.

I looked around,  slowly remembering they're leaving in five days, their visit ending.

Well, it wasn't the end yet.

I ripped off my headphones and paused the current song that was playing.

Guess what I did next.

No, my subconscious said.

Just guess.

No.

Apparently, you're not patient enough.

So, I rolled down the windows of the car and had Leo stop driving.

He parked on the side of the street and I got out.

Not before pushing Kash out of the car.

That was probably the funniest thing I've ever done.

Then I stood on the middle of the street and started singing.

You wanna know what happened I next?

Do you wanna know? 

Do you want to kno--

Goddammit, I do not want to know.

Okay, rude.

I'm not rude, I'm just honest.