chapter 38

Ashton's POV:

There was a knock pn the door, interrupting my drumming. I stood up and opened the door and came face to face with a guy who looked considerably angry once he saw me.

To say I was confused would be underestimating the whole situation.

"Why are you here?" He asked me, his voice intimidating me. But I stood tall and crossed my arms over my chest, looking up at him with a straight face.

He was fairly tanned and had dark brown eyes and hair. He reminded me of someone but I couldn't really put my finger on it.

"Umm, I sort of live here with Molly for a while. Why? Who are you anyway?"

"Molly? Her name's Melissa. You named her after a drug-"

"James!"

I looked behind me and saw Molly running in the man's direction, throwing her arms around him. She started squealing and shrieking with joy, all of her sounds muffled by his chest.

"I missed you so much! So much has happened these last few months, you won't even believe it."

"Well apparently, there's a boy living with you. Care to explain that?"

"Who?"

"The aussie."

"Who?"

"That guy over there?" He asked. He pointed to me and she shook her head again.

"Who's that?"

"Seriously, Molly? I'm your favorite band's drummer." She still looked confused. "Ashton. Ashton Irwin."

"Oh yeah, sorry. I was on cloud nine apparently."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

"Don't you use that tone with her, drummer. Leave my cousin alone."

"Cousin?"

"Yeah. Ash, this is James. Beautiful and awesome cousin James. James, this is Ashton Irwin. Best drummer in the universe, who is also part of my all time most favorite band ever."

"I wouldn't call myself the best drummer in the universe. But you can." I said as both of laughed. "Nice to meet you." I said, extending my hand for him to shake it.

But he looked between me and my hand a couple of times before looking back at Molly.

"Okay then. Ash, why don't you get the rest?" She suggested.

"Anything to stop your cousin from eye-punching me."

I barged into the living room, jumping all over the place.

"You guys, Melissa's cousin just came. And I'm afraid, he's eye-punching all of you when he sees you, just like he did with me."

"Awwww," Mikey cooed. "You poor little thing."

-------------

There was a knock on the door, interrupting my drumming again. I looked at thr rest but they all shouted 'not me', so I was supposed to open the door.

"But I swear, if I come face to face to another twenty year old seething monster, I'll blame you!" I calles as I jogged towards the door.

I wasn't met with an angry cousin, instead five piercing screams.

See, we made a small change of plans in the contest and decided that five contestants were more than enough. So while they were still entering the contest, we decided on five winners.