02 || War and Peace

❝ don't you want a    war and peace? ❞

❝ don't you want a
war and peace? ❞

January 6
PRESS CONFERENCE

jay + reagan

   SHE WAS EXHAUSTED but she knew that it was somewhat her fault. Reagan spent her time pondering while staring at the ceiling, she didn't know how her former partner got stuck on her head but he did anyway. No matter how tiring it was to keep her eyes at midnight, she couldn't sleep until he's out of her mind.

She kept her gaze on the cup of coffee, deadly enough that people had no idea what did the cup do to her as she sat next to Kazuchika Okada, listening to every single word that was coming out his mouth. On the other side of the table was the same person that she confronted and was thinking about, Jay White. She could tell everyone that he wasn't paying attention when she looked up to notice him staring at her, the same thing that he did when he tried to believe that she was standing in the middle of the ring last night. The moment when he got caught, his eyes went back to his necklace.

Jay's head shot up when he heard his name getting called, clearing his throat as he started speaking. Reagan and Kazuchika spent few minutes hearing the discussion about how the Kiwi rejected the leader of the Bullet Club's offer and his plan for the future going to work. She didn't mind listening to it, until she heard the last thing that she wanted him to mention when talking about his future: her name.

Gawking at the way of how he moved and spoke wasn't a part of her character, she knew that. "...And I couldn't help but notice Miss Riggs staring at me like 'm a prey that she's cravin' for. Must be enjoyin' the view, eh?" He smirked, making Kazuchika move his gaze to Reagan. "Do ya have anything to say as I finish my words?" She was more laid back unlike the last time she was speaking to him, her anger was already lashed out the midnight before the press conference.

She settled her cup of coffee down before taking a deep breath. "Well," she sighed. "I didn't get the chance to speak about what happened last night and why am I here. So, just to let you people know, Gedo-san and Okada-san gave me a last minute offer and I gladly accepted it. It is quite unexpected to see Mister White here but I'm gonna need to get used to it, do I?" The two men nodded.

"How does it feel like coming back?" The interpreter questioned her, she wanted to answer this question with her real personality: she felt the anger and the one word kept on asking about her relationship with Jay. But, her job as a professional wrestler meant that crossing the line isn't a part of her character. She sighed again.

"Uh, great actually. I have been waiting to return to New Japan before my injury which, apparently, took me months but I'm feeling better now. The bad knee is still... upsetting me but yes, I feel better now." She smiled at the interpreter as she darted a glance at Jay. Again, he was gazing.

"Speaking of your return, do you have any 2018 plans just like Switchblade?" The interpreter asked. Reagan nodded.

"Absolutely," she sounded enthusiastic as she started to list her plans. "You see, I have this idea and I am sure as hell Switchblade's gonna love it." She beamed, her grin sadistically spreading on her face. "Okada And Gedo wanted me to break the news so here's the thing: I was asked to be a part of CHAOS and be one of 'em. Am I ecstatic? Yes, and so I didn't turn the offer down because hey, it's a once in your career opportunity. Best part of that?" She stopped as she turned to look at Jay. "Come on, Switchblade, you should hear this."

On the other side of the table, Jay chuckled and gestured. "I'm listenin'."

"Good," she responded. "Before I even accepted this offer, I had conditions: I am going to get every title shot that the heavyweight division has. Mister White, you might be wondering why I told you to listen to what I'm saying and I'm about to tell you why. I want you as my tag team partner once again."

His stare at her wasn't the typical one. His mouth couldn't form a word, not even a what. Was he shocked? Yes, and his expression was an evidence but it was to be expected. "I know that face that you're making, Jay. It's not readable but you're just like a child's book to me." She stood up, her feet making its way towards to him. Her words flabbergasted him like the first time they had their prestigious moment together.

❝ You wished for your name in the history book but we're still here writing the rest of it. ❞

"Funny thing," she laughed bitterly. "I spent my whole night thinking "what the fuck did I even do" and I figured it out. You want to make it to the top. You want everyone to know who you are and you want it to be framed in the wall where people can appreciate it. Unfortunately, you didn't even realized that every novel and story has the sidekick who can possibly help you and ruin everything for you." She tapped her fingers on the table, the attempt on calming herself down was somewhat successful. "And what else? You forgot about me, and you didn't even ask if I needed help and you owe me a lot. But for now, I'm asking you to be in my side and by the end of the next few months, we'll see how long are we going to last."

"Are you sure about this?" He asked, ignoring the words that hurt him.

"Don't you want a war and peace?" She smirked as he stood up, his head dipped down to stare at her. He held his hand out.

"Are you really sure about this?" He was curious, but his voice was intently ringing into her head.

"Yes," she shook his hand with hers before settling down. "And I'm not sure if you are, but you should be. You're going to go through chaos with me."

Jay wasn't nervous, he wasn't petrified of every word that she's saying. Her words were shocking at first but it didn't scare him, but the possibility of hurting her by triggering her weak spots did. For the year of ignoring his connection, he wanted to know if making it up is still an idea for her. He didn't care about what turns around him, he stopped caring about what surrounded him since he left her. It didn't matter whether she's going to make things easier or harder for him...

He was prepared to do everything.

Note: Hello! I'm sorry if I updated this and if it's not a good time.

I was supposed to publish this yesterday or today (or I don't know, really) but I joined a team and we competed in a provincial Lego Robotics competition. It was fun, although I stuttered but let's not talk about this.

To wrap this chapter up, what do you think is her intentions when it comes to Jay? Do you think that her character is the opposite of what she really is? You'll find the second question out in the next chapter! (I haven't even written a third chapter, so forgive me!)

I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Let me know if you did!