13 || Times When

❝ there are times when   I want to go back to my family at home

I want to go back to my family at home. ❞

jay + reagan

REAGAN HALL WAS CLOSE TO CRYING.

But she knew she can't. Her anxiety had led her heart into beating fast as she stared intently at the wall. The silence of the room taking her shallow soul into a painful place as she could only hear Brayden's breathing. She had to be strong, yet she felt so weak. How could she feel so useless and helpful at the same time.

She heard the door swing open as Jay walked in with a worried look. She didn't look at him, no. She walked out into the balcony and that's where she let her tears fall as she sobbed quietly. She was tired, exhausted, in need of a comfort. Although their son was a great help, she still found herself in this situation,

Jay followed her out, making sure that Brayden was still asleep in his position. Jay was never this person— he was until he had changed everything about him. But the way of how she cried — realizing that a part of her wanting revenge wasn't there — quietly broke his heart.

Reagan apologized for letting him see her like this but her sobs became loud as Jay had taken her into his arms, silently shushing her and rocking her. Reagan should be hating him, for leaving and for not connecting with him whilst she's injured. But she couldn't, not right now that Jay was doing something that he would never do now that he had changed.

"Tell me," he whispered quietly, making her quiet down, "tell me what's bothering you."

"My family," she sobbed, "I'm useless — how did I become like this? I miss them, but I'm a nobody to them."

Jay had remembered when she told him about the tale of being forbidden to do wrestling — how wrestling was not for girls. How she was told that she's useless and was abandoned. He hated every single story that she had told him about. How could people think of her in that way?

But he couldn't protest, they didn't even know he existed in the first place. All he knew was he was there when they weren't.

"I've tried my best — they weren't happy. I've showed my father what I've got, he wasn't happy. He went to one of the event in Canada just to tell me how disappointed he was that I was acting like a boy. My mother abandoned me and left me to my father. I'm— done."

"I want to end this," every word that she spoke was breaking his heart piece by piece, "I want to end this, Jay. I'm not needed."

He didn't want to say it yet he did, "I do. Brayden would want to grow up with a woman as strong as you. Riggs, you made a promise that you'll never leave him the way your mother did to you — you're stronger than you think."

"I can't," she shook her head.

"There are times when I want to go back to my family at home," he spoke softly before pressing his lips in her hair and continued, "but then I realize that I don't have to— I've built my little family. Brayden, you, and me... so don't you dare break us because I'm not going to be able to handle it."

She can't make a promise. She's dysfunctional. She can barely walk around with a breaking heart and a reminder that her life was pulling her down to hell. She can't do anything without reminding herself that she was nothing but a disappointment to her parents.

Jay. Jay was there to help her. For the sake of their family. He was there although she kept reminding herself that he had abandoned her once.

But the only difference between him and her parents was she loved him more and there was a chance of him being forgiven. A slight chance.

A/N: hi! I'm not exactly back but I've updated!

It's not exactly the best. But I hoped that you enjoyed the filler chapter of this book. I might not return until few weeks or months but I'm here to say: Have a happy holiday!

Dana