07 || You Should Be Thankful

❝ you should be thankful   because that child is being raised by a good woman

because that child is being raised by a good woman. ❞

January 16 (5:41 PM)
DETROIT, MICHIGAN // REAGAN AND RIVER'S HOUSE

jay + reagan + everyone

HE HAD SEEN HER SMILE like it was a new day and he was sure that he had seen it many times. Although she was gone to return to Japan for two weeks, she was sleep deprived — she spent her time wrestling and waiting for a call from Shelley. Now he knew she's getting a good night sleep as he moved his gaze at the baby that was sat on his lap. The rest of them were on the deck, grilling and laughing together.

Jamie Brayden happened to be a part of the source of her happiness. The seven months infant was born in Detroit, his eyes were blue and he grew twice the size unlike the last time Jay had seen him. He was the reason why Reagan never slept — even when she was injured. Brayden barely made her go to sleep, he didn't care about everything besides a diaper change and a milk. Although he has been growing to be loved by her, Jay knew that Brayden wasn't Reagan's; he knew that the baby wasn't his neither.

"'m sorry, bud." Jay sighed and rested his back on the couch, placing Brayden on his stomach. "Mum's outside with uncle Alex and Chris. She doesn't want ya to get bitten by teeny mosquitos. 's dangerous outside." The ray of sunshine just cooed, gripping on Jay's shirt and didn't bother to care about what Switchblade had told him.

Reagan loved kids and she planned for making one with someone that she knew she could trust and love. But, she has a passion for her wrestling career and she was still making her way to the top, she never talked to anyone about children until Brayden came into her life. Day after he was born the mother left the hospital without letting anyone know, leaving the responsibility to Reagan. She could remember the time when she cried so hard. The bad knee wasn't the same as having an anxiety after realizing that the child's future was on her hands. She couldn't give him away, and so she signed the birth certificate and considered herself as the mother.

Brayden didn't have a name that time and she was trying to pull herself together. Jay was there when she was silently sobbing, wrapped his arm around her as they were looking through the nursery. They spent hours thinking about what to name the child — and they ended up naming him Jamie Brayden Hall-Cruz, it was the only choice that they had. His childhood started to become a mess and she promised to fix it.

Jay watched the way of how she figured everything out by herself. She was a rockstar at everything, he thought. He didn't know how she got through the difficult tasks without any help, and he didn't know about the comfort that he gave her — it was her motivation.