11 || Language Called Music

❝ maybe I have a language called music,   did you know I speak more than two languages? ❞

did you know I speak more than two languages? ❞

jay + reagan

   REAGAN STARED AT THE CEILING intently, not minding the fact that Jay was watching her. She was sharing a pair of earbuds with him as they were listening to whatever it was that she had chosen to listen to. Brayden on the portable bassinet that she had to bring to the tour. Switchblade never complained because he knew that this was the thing that she needed: an entertaining yet quiet night.

Jay understood the way of her appreciation towards songs but he never understood some of the languages spoken.

"I can hear you thinking," Reagan looked at him smugly, "it's about the song, innit?" She witnessed him nodding as she sighed. "It's my third language, Tagalog, although I've never spoken it."

"Ah that explains it," Jay replied, "never really heard you speak it which is surprising because of you know- your mom." Normally, she would ignore that topic with sarcasm. But it was Jay, the person who mostly kept her family stories to himself others from Yujiro, and even if she never talked about 'forgiving him' he was still open for her.

She groaned, "I was born in Japan, Jay, of course I wouldn't be able to speak it properly," she paused, "although I can always hear her 'Reagan, gawin mo ito tapos gawin mo yung iba doon' trust me it's not a typical day for a four year old." (Reagan, do this then do the other ones there.)

Jay sealed his lips tight, "'m sorry yer mum's like that." She laughed softly, pausing the song that was playing. The voice of Unique Salonga disappearing as she got up on her side with her elbow.

"Well, it is what it is," she replied. Even if sarcasm was her defense mechanism she chose to take it seriously, avoiding it after answering as she smiled. "What do you know about music?"

"I think it's a good distraction from the crap that we're goin' through. I listen to rock," he spoke, "with the snoopin' that you've done I'm sure you know that." He let out a teasing smile that immediately disappeared when she laughed softly. Even her laugh can make a man blush, he thought but ignored it.

"It was quite immature to snoop around but trust me, I've gone through my emo phase already," she joked. "I won't judge ya, in reality we all find Patrick Stump, Gerard Way and Brendon so dramatic yet beautiful." He nodded in agreement, shifting slightly.

"What about ya," his gaze moved towards her, "what do ya know about music? Got an essay with ya? Perhaps, a paragraph?" He teased leaving her to smirk. Whatever this banter between them was, they were enjoying it. They were best friends — nothing more. That's what she thought even if she can feel the tension between them rising.

She hummed, "I don't really know," she trailed off, "you're right about the distraction part. It's also my thing?" The Anthem ended the sentence questionably, following by an expecting look from Jay. She grunted.

"Maybe I have a language called music. When I speak it, I get distracted from the crap that I have to deal with," she mumbled, "Did you know I speak more than two languages?" Jay didn't know if he enjoyed hearing her talk nonsense more than wrestling... until this came up. He chuckled and nodded.

"Uh let's see," he hummed, "there's obviously Japanese and English and then there's your mum's language. How about French?"

"Living in Canada for few years gave me a benefit to learn it," she grinned. She took a deep breath, staring once again at the ceiling. He didn't understand what he was told but the way of how she spoke it was... unbelievably soft and unknown.

Je te veux pour toujours.❞
[I want you forever.]

"What's the plan now?" He asked, receiving a confused look from The Anthem.

"Hm?" She hummed. He continued even if his question will hurt her thoughts. Jay knew he had to be somewhat realistic.

"Despite the fact that he's gonna be with us, Brayden isn't going to stay like this forever," he tilted his head to face the bassinet, "yer not going to be like this forever. How are you gonna handle that?" She merely huffed, choking back whatever this feeling at her throat was.

"Shoulda asked me that question before you left," she mumbled bitterly, "I don't have the answers to every question that people ask me, White. But I know that I'm going to give my best to him even if he's not my biological son. I have no idea what's gonna happen with our situation but I do not have a choice but to suck it and see."

"Understood," he replied before making an apologetic look, "My apologies, Riggs. I shouldn't have talked to you about this, especially knowing that your family's daft or perhaps a prude." She chuckled.

"It's a'ight," her hand made its way to her phone before continuing to listen to her playlist. Silence met their thoughts once again as she shut her eyes.

Her idea of living her life was unrealistic. She wanted it to be a musical where people points out the worst of her and it was followed with her rising against it. She was on her way towards that life; she just never thought of it. Maybe it takes two characters to finish a story and maybe that's why Jay was here.

She lost her train of thoughts, mainly because she kept herself occupied with Switchblade. She mentally cursed for letting herself think about the man that she should be hating - but hell, it was her best friend and he knew her weak spot.

She didn't know how but she remembered falling asleep while scolding herself.

A/N: this is a filler chapter, I apologize if it wasn't good.

Too sweet me,
Dana.