Step One: You Make Her Mad

How To Train A Princess

Step One: You Make Her Mad

*Merida*

*Merida sat in her room looking at the rain as it fell from the sky. She wished to be riding Angus and shooting arrows but with the weather chance are she wouldn't today. Her blonde friend sat in the corner brushing her hair. Her very long blond hair.

Merida never understood how she could keep her hair so neat.Unlike her blond friend her hair was a wildly red mess. Her friend whos name happen to be Rapunzel had alway tried to brush her hair but had no such luck.

Merida laughed she couldn't keep count of how many brushs Pun as she liked to call her broke trying to get it through the red mess.Like most days she watched Pun stare off into space probably daydreaming about Eugene.

Merida rolled her eyes how could someone be so in love? Sometimes Merida felt jealous she had wished to love someone so deeply.  But after many year with no such luck she found it was probably better if she remained alone and independent.

"Stupid Blood rain!" Merida cried, "Why today of all days!"

"Please Mer you would have wined the same no matter what day it was!" Rapunzel laughed.

Merida grunted,  "Why can it rain when im asleep I mean come on it gets a wee bit annoying don't you think? Its been no stop the last week!"

Pun rolled her eyes at her friend, "Stop you fussen there plenty of stuff to do around here its not to bad!"

"Easy for you to say you were locked in a tower for 18 years," Merida murmured.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing Pun just talking to myself!"

Merida twirled an arrow in her hand stroking the smoth wood. She listen to the sound of rain as it sang a wicked song in her opinion. Once again she sighed it wasn't till she heard her mothers voice that she actually got up.Stretching she made her way to her mother who stood at the bottem of the steps. After turning her into a bear she had grown a little closer to her mother.

But they still didn't a hundred percent understood each other. Her mother stood her hair was neatly pulled back and brushed unlike Merida.Very queen like Merida wondered would she be ever aboul to stand so straight and walk with such a grace.

Chance were probably no but Merida didn't care to her it was pointless. When would she ever need to have grate back poster it wasn't like she was going to have dinner with any one important.  Merida looked at her mother who looked at her with a emotionless expression.

Moments past and no one had said anything.Merida was getting quite impatient. Her mother sighed a slightly sad sigh. By the look the queen gave her Merida started to get worry.

"Merida," Her mother started, "As you know you are turning twenty one in a month."

Merida nodded quite confused what was so important about her turning twenty? She was about to ask but stayed quiet in hope her mother would explain.

"Do you know what that means?" her mother asked.

"I might but I might need just a wee bit of explaining," Merida tells her.

"Your coming of age...."

"I catching on maybe a little more explaining," Merida smiled sheepish.

"Being the first born you are first in line for thrown when you come of age you take over," the queen explained.

Merida nodded, "That would mean..."