Step Eight: You Take A Hit

Merida looked wide eyed at her blonde friend. Rapunzel let out a breath lowering her frying pan.She stared at Meridas shocked face.Punz opened her mouth to ask what was wrong and if she was okay but was knocked tothe ground.She screeched at the giant creature on top of her.It had angry green eyes and shape teeth.

"TOOTHLESS!" Merida yelled.She ran to the dragons side, "Its okay shes a friend!"

Rapunzel watched as the creature listened and got off of her not before growling in her face. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest.Merida quickly helped her friend to her feet.Rapunzel stumbled she was so shocked she couldn't stand.

What was that thing? She wanted to ask but couldn't seemed to form words at the moment. After a moment she was aboul to stand on her own but she didn't stop shaking. Breath Rapunzel she told herself Just breath.

Looking from Merida to the unconscious viking to the giant creature she had so many questions. Closing her eyes taking a breath she narrowed her eyes a Merida. "What is that THING!" She cried.

"Okay I know ya probably really confused right now but I can explain," And she did she started from the beginning telling how she met Hiccup all the way to her hitting him in the head,"We were Troll hunting and I didn't realize how close we were to the castle."

Once she was finished she waited for Rapunzels reaction and surprisingly her friend was rather calm, "Okay wow!," Rapunzel said then laughed, "Oh my gosh wow, What have you gotten yourself into?"

"I know its messed up but please you can't tell anyone!" Merida tells her, "Not my mom no one not even Pastel!"

Punz looked at her friend and smiled softly, "Don't worry you secrets safe with me!"

Merida hugged her friend and sighed in relief, "Thanks Punzie..now come on help me get Hiccup on the dragon!"

"But.." Punz whined.

"No buts you hit him with a pan!" She reminded her.

"I thought you were in danger!?" Punz exclaimed.

"Well im fine, now come on get his legs!" Merida grabbed Hiccup underneath his arms.

Rapunzel sighed but did as she was told, "Wow!" She said looking at the metal leg.Merida rolled her eyes and slowly started to lift him up onto Toothless.Punz struggled nearly dropping him twice. Five minutes later they finally managed to get the viking on his dragon.

Merida scratched behind the dragons ear, "Come on Toothless you know where to go lead the way!"

The dragon did running ahead leaving Rapunzel and Merida behind. Punz sighed shaking her head at her friend, "I never thought you'd fall in love with a Viking."

Merida narrowed her eyes at Punz, "I don't love him!" Right? Yes of course Merida your not in love! She assured herself. But a place deep inside screamed How do you know? You don't even know what love is!?

"Forbidden Love The future Bear Queen loves a Dragon Viking Trainer!" Rapunzel said sadly.

"Shhhhh!" Merida whispered,  "He doesn't know about that!"

"Oh yah sorry but hes complete unconscious he can hear us!" She reminded her, "Anyway what are you going to do you can't keep that big of a secret away from him."

"What the lass doesn't know won't hurt him," Merida snapped.

"But hes your friend!" Rapunzel exclaimed, "Just think about it when he finds out it will hurt him more than it ever will if you simply tell him."