Chapter 11

Veronica's POV
I smooth the bottom of my royal blue dress. Today is court day. I haven't heard from Archie in 2 days and I honestly don't expect him to be there, I made my feelings very clear. Even though they weren't my feelings, I was just doing what I thought was best for my case. "Veronica" my mom says knocking on my door with Natalie on her hip. I smile at Natalie, "Hey you two" I say walking to the door and taking Natalie. "You have to leave" my mom says rubbing my arm. "I know" I say smiling at my daughter. I plant a kiss on her head and give her a tight hug, "mama I can't breathe" she says squirming from my arms. I kiss her again and set her down and she runs to play. "I love you" I call after her. I look over to my mom and she gives me a sympathetic look "Come here Mija" she says opening her arms. I wrap my arms around her and lay my head on her shoulder as she runs a hand through my hair. "Everything will be okay" she says. I nod, "thanks Mom. I have to go" I say pulling back. "Thank you for watching her, Betty will text you with updates" I say. She nods and I walk off into the living room and to the door. As I pull it open I hear Natalie giggle and I smile. Everything I do is for her, even if I have to lose Archie.

Archie's POV
"Are you sure you still want to go, Son?" My dad asks while adjusting his tie. I nod my head "Yes. There's no way that little girl is going with anyone but Ronnie" I say pulling my jacket on and fixing my tie. I decided to tell my dad everything about Ronnie and I getting back together, and then breaking up in the parking lot at Pops. "That girl can't catch a break can she" he says shaking his head. He'll never admit it but he always loved Ronnie and thought she deserved better than her family, so he brought her into ours. "Let's go" I say going to the door, letting my dad walk out before me.

As I drive to the court house I fill with nerves. What will Ronnie do when she sees me? Will she win? She has to win, she won't stay here in Riverdale if she doesn't. I take a left into the parking lot and I see Betty and Jughead walking into the courthouse hand in hand. I park the car and turn off the ignition then step out. My dad and I walk into the court house and scan the area. I see Matt and his lawyer talking and it takes everything in me not to go over there and punch the smug look that he always has off his face. "Is that him?" My dad asks. "Yeah that's him. Matt" I say, rolling my eyes at his name. Betty and Jughead walk up to us, "Hey guys" I say hugging them hello. "Veronica is inside with her Lawyer. I saw her she's really nervous" Betty says shaking her head. "I never liked Matt, but this just proves that he's exactly who I told Veronica he is" Betty finishes. "Well now definitely isn't the time to tell her 'I told you so', we just have to be there for her" Jughead says. "We have to head in" Betty says, noticing that people started to file into the court room. We start walking to the door and the second I see Veronica I almost walk up there and wrap her in my arms until she feels like everything will always be okay, but I can't. Her eyes meet mine and she says something to her lawyer then walks over to me and my dad. "Hey Veronica" my dad says leaning in to hug her. "Hi Fred. Thank you for coming" she says hugging him back. "I can't imagine how this feels, we're here for you" he says pulling away. She gives him a small smile "Thank you" She says. "I'm going to go get seats" my dad says before walking away. "Hey" Veronica says after my dad leaves "I didn't expect you to..." her voice fades out. "Show up? Well I still care, I always will" I say. She nods her head "Thank you, Archie. And I will always care too" she says. Veronica's Lawyer calls her over and she looks back at me "I have to go. Thanks again for coming" she says before walking off.

"All rise" they announce. Everyone stands as the Judge walks in and I can see Veronica spinning her bracelet, a very small tell that she is nervous. "Please be seated" everyone sits down. "Ladies and gentlemen we are here to come to a decision about the custody of 2-year old Natalie Rose Summers-Lodge" the Judge says "Mr. Becker, you may start" he finishes. Veronica's Lawyer stands up "We would like to call Elizabeth Jones to the stand" he says. Betty, already knowing this would happen, walks up to the stand with no problem. "Mrs. Jones, may I call you Elizabeth?" He asks. She says yes and he proceeds to ask questions about Veronica and her parenting skills.

The day proceeds and they call people to testify over and over until they get to the end of the list, me. "We call a Mr. Archibald Andrews to the stand" as I get to the stand I see Veronica looking at me, her eyes say 'please Archie" and I know I can't mess this up. "Mr. Andrews how long have you known Veronica Lodge?" He asks. "We met sophomore year in high school then she moved a bit over a year later and we reunited 3 weeks ago" I say. "Did you reunite romantically or was it platonic?" He asks. "Platonic" I say lying through my teeth. Veronica Lodge is the only person I'd lie under oath for. "So then why did you meet her daughter" he asks, I can already tell where he's going with this and I have to shut it down. "A friend can't meet their friends daughter?" I ask. "Do you think that's appropriate?" He asks me, still pestering. "Yes. I think it's good for her daughter to know that not all men are like her father" I say. "That's all, your honor" he says, before sitting back down. As I look back at Veronica while I'm walking back and she gives me a small smile and I nod back. "We'll be taking a 15 minute recess to deliberate" the judge says before exiting the court room.

After a grueling 15 minute wait for the Judge to make his decision we're finally called back into the court room. "Ladies and gentlemen thank you for waiting" the Judge starts. "Custody cases are never easy, and this one sure wasn't. At the end of the day our decision had to be made. The city of Riverdale and Child protective services grant custody of Natalie Rose Summers-Lodge to..."

TO BE CONTINUED

Sorry everyone, I know I'm evil! (Also sorry that this is kind of trashy 😂) You'll just have to wait till tomorrow 💕