Chapter 31

Archie's POV
"After the baby is born I want to move back to New York". I pause "what?!" I ask, completely taken off guard. "I love New York and we always planned to move there together when we first dated. If we go to New York I'll get to work from a home office for Lodge Industries and you can work on your music. You released your EP, but there are actual record dealers in New York" she says. I sit down on the couch and and run my hands through my hair "You're springing this on me out of nowhere, Ronnie" I say. She sighs and sits down next to me "I know, and I'm sorry" she says while rubbing my back. I exhale "we can talk about it" I say, trying to avoid the topic. "When, Arch. We're kind of pressed for time" she says gesturing towards her stomach. I groan "I know. But I really can't do this right now. I don't see a reason to move, Veronica" I say shaking my head. "I know you don't but do you really see a reason to stay?" She asks. "Yes Veronica. Our lives are here. Our friends, families-" I start. "Archie, we're a family!" She says "And Riverdale reminds me of lawsuits, and secret husbands. We need a fresh start" she says. I stand up off the couch and groan "What about Betty. And Jughead?" I ask turning around to face her. "We can't live our lives based on what our friends are up to" she says standing up. "I know that, Ronnie. But my fathers construction company." I say. "He's run it by himself before" she rebuttals. I groan "We're happy here" I say. She stays silent but gives me a look, telling me that I'm wrong. "Are you not happy here?" I ask. "So many bad things have happened here, enough that they cover the good. I want new memories in a new place" she says. I narrow my eyes "Well if you're that miserable you should've told me!" I say louder than I should've. "I'm not miserable. I just know we could be happier, better" she says walking closer to me. I back up "just let me think about this. I need to go on a walk" I say. "Archie please don't" she pleads, almost breaking my heart. "No, just let me walk" I say before walking out the door, and closing it loudly behind me.

Veronica's POV
He walks out the front door, closing it loudly behind him. Seconds later, like clock work, I hear crying from Natalie's room. I groan and walk to her room. I open the door and walk over to her bed and sit on it, "Whats wrong Princess" I coo while wrapping her in a hug. "I heard a loud noise" she says crying. "Shh I know. I'm sorry baby but the loud noise is gone. Everything is okay" I say quietly. "Are you and daddy fighting?" She asks with more tears rolling down her cheeks. "Oh no honey we're not fighting. Just having a grown up talk" I say. "Can daddy come in?" She asks wiping her face. I help her wipe her cheeks "well daddy fell asleep-" I start. I'm interrupted by a knock at the door and I see Archie standing in the doorway. "I woke up" he says before walking in and sitting on the other side of the bed. "Whats wrong, sweetheart" he asks while pushing her hair out of her face. "I heard a noise" she whines. "Do you want me to get my guitar and sing to you" he asks. She nods her head and I stand up "I'll get it" I say as I walk to grab his guitar from his music room. I take it into him and decide to give them time together so I go into my room to change into pajamas.

After changing into a silk nightgown, which is almost too small, I crawl into bed. I fight sleep until Archie walks in and goes into the closet to change. He comes out shortly after and he gets into bed and holds my hand, "I thought you needed to walk" I say bluntly. "I know. I'm sorry. We're married, that means no running off. I'm here, I'll be here" he says "and if New York would make you happy, then I'm happy" he finishes. I shake my head "honey you don't have-" I start. He stops me "No. I want to. All I want in life is for you to be happy. You Natalie, and the baby" he says while moving his hand from mine to my belly. "But then you won't be happy" I say. He shakes his head "that's where your wrong. I'll be married to the hottest woman in New York, happy is pretty much guaranteed" he says. I laugh and roll my eyes "So you're sure?" I ask. He smiles at me and says "we're moving to New York!"

Sorry this is a bit short