January 11th, 2018

Oof hi ya'll.

Wanna hear some funny stuff? Of course you do. So wear I live the weather is.... Um... Strange. Just read through these conversations and you'll know what I mean.

-- -- -- -- --

Friend 1: How's Florida?

Friend 2: Cold! The high is 60 degrees, yikes!

Friend 1: The high is 0 degrees...

-- -- -- -- --

*Weather is 60 degrees*

Friend 1: WOW IT'S 60 DEGREES AND I ALMOST DIDN'T WEAR A COAT TODAY.

Friend 2: I wore shorts.

Me: Who's ready for a snow day Tomorrow? We're supposed to get a whole foot of snow!

-- -- -- -- --

So yeah really weird weather. And cold, did I say it was cold?

So anyway I finished the book I started Yesterday. Here you go: should keep you busy for a few minutes.

A Grimm Time

Prologue

    Time was against him- that was one thing for sure. Tortoise was rounding the corner just as the gates closed. He sighed, dismayed that he couldn't leave the city until tomorrow.

"I'll be here bright and early tomorrow!" he promised. Although he probably wouldn't. He had promised this to himself for countless nights before this, and the people who lived in the area  knew what he was going to say next by heart.

"I promise this time! I'll make it, and make it an effort not to be late! The gates may be closed but that won't stop me!" He proceeded to try and climb the wall for the next hour. Note the word try. He couldn't climb up stairs without tripping, and so no one was quite sure why he tried to climb the wall. After an hour of hopeless climbing he decided to head back to the inn.

Walking back to the inn took some time, pathways leading here and there as he walked. At night the dark alleyways seemed to be in the twilight zone, and that didn't make heading home any easier. It was getting creepier by the minute as he walked down the deserted streets of Hanau in darkness.

A scream pierced the air.

Tortoise looked around but no one else seemed to have heard it. No one flickered on the lights in their house to see what had happened. He put it aside as just him imagining things.

"Creepy streets and now hearing voices. These streets don't seem so creepy in the day," he calmed himself. He took in a deep breath and continued walking, but what he saw next left him speechless.

-- -- -- -- --

Chapter 1

"And they all lived happily ever after?" Jacob inquired aloud, "Why would anyone end off a story like that?"

"I don't know why. No one actually lives happily ever after, the story should end with 'they all lived somewhat happily until they died'. Why cut out things that are the truth? You can't cut out hardship in real life, so why in stories?" Wilhelm responded.

"Quite true," Jacob agreed, "'And they all lived somewhat happily until they died'. That's quite an excellent statement."

Wilhelm laughed his appreciation and got back to his writing. He was kind of bored so he got up and stretched. "I'm going to take a walk. I'll be back soon," he told his brother. Although he couldn't tell if Jacob had heard him or not he smiled and left the room.