00.

Okay so this story is inspired by a post I found on Tumblr, and I'd tell about it but I don't wanna spoil the story. ;)

~~~

[prologue]

I've always noticed him in school, he was just an ordinary kid, as far as I knew. But to them, he was different, he was stupid and worthless and a waste of space. They never left him alone. Whenever you saw him you could see the grief and sadness flow through his eyes, as if it were taking over him. Each day, you could see the darkness cover his skin and his smile fade away. I've never had the courage to go up and talk to him, afraid something would go wrong. No one really did talk to him unless they were being rude. He sits right in front of me in English, and he's always quiet. Whenever the teacher calls on him, everyone turns to look at him, to see if he'll get it wrong. You can feel his nervousness flow throughout the entire class, as he says the correct answer every time, and they all sigh, turning back towards the board. Whenever he had to present something, people would laugh at him, even though he would get a better grade than them. Everyone seemed to hate him, there was something wrong with him. But I didn't see it, I didn't see what they all saw. I saw a lovely boy who was the definition of perfection. I regret not talking to him before, but maybe that would've changed things.

He couldn't see it, but he was lovely.

Who was this boy?

Matthew Espinosa.