14.

[fourteen]

I open my eyes, and feel Matt's heart beating in my ear, and his arms wrapped around my body. I look up at him to see he's still sleeping, his mouth slightly open. The smell of breakfast being cooked downstairs fills the room. I start to quietly and gently slide out of Matt's arms, but his grip becomes tighter.

"Hey there beautiful." he says, his eyes still closed. His morning voice would have to be one of the most attractive things ever.

"Hey cutie."

"What time is it?" he asks, and then sniffs the air, "And what is that?"

I laugh, "I think your mom is making breakfast." I pick up my phone and read the time, "9:37."

"Earliest I've been up in a while." he chuckles.

"You go to school, you know."

"Whatever." he says, letting go of me, and sitting up. "I want whatever my mom's cooking."

I sit up next to him, and see myself in his full body mirror near the door. "Oh god," I laugh, "look at my hair!"

"It's not that bad." he says, and then rustles his hands around my hair, making it worse than before. "Okay, now it's bad." he laughs.

"You suck." I laugh, playfully hitting him.

He gets off his bed and looks at me, "Let's go eat."

"Okay." I slide off his bed and we walk downstairs together.

"Hey kiddos." Mrs. Espinosa greets us when we walk into the kitchen. She's making pancakes.

"Hi Mrs. Espinosa." I say, and Matt wraps his arm around my waist.

"You guys want pancakes?" she asks, pointing her whisk at us. We both nod our heads and she puts a few pancakes on each plate and hands it to us. "There's syrup and whipped cream over on the counter there." she points.

***

When we're done eating, we go up to Matt's room.

"MATT! I'M LEAVING FOR WORK!" his mother yells downstairs.

"OKAY!" he yells back, and the front door is shut. I laugh and he smiles. "Do you wanna go downstairs? No one is home right now to bother us." he says.

"Yeah." I reply.

We race downstairs towards the living room. Matt holds onto the back of the sofa and flips over. But instead of landing smoothly, he falls off the couch. I burst out in laughter, and he does also.

"Smooth." he chuckles. "Anyway, wanna play a game?" he asks, handing me a controller. I immediately recognize what it's from.

"Old school, huh?"

"You know what it is?" he asks surprised.

"Yeah, Nintendo 64." I answer reassuringly. "My brother and I would play it all the time when we were younger."

"Are you familiar with the game," he blows into the bottom of it, getting rid of any dust, "Mario Kart?"

"Of course I am!" I exclaim.

"Okay." he says, putting the game into the

console and sitting on the couch next to me.

"Get ready to lose." I say.

"Okay," he laughs, "but I'm pretty sure you should."

"Watch yourself Espinosa." I jokingly glare at him.

"Oh yeah, Knight?" he glares back, trying to keep a straight face.

"Definitely." I turn back to the TV and press start.

"Game on."

***

Matt ended up winning 2 games and I won 3.

"Told you." I smirk.

"Two more!" he whines.

"No! You said that last time!"

"Okay, fine." he says, and leans in, towards me. I can feel his breath burning against my neck. He leans in a bit more, and our lips crash together.