10.

[ten]

I should've listened to everyone. I shouldn't have ever talked to him. But why wouldn't Alexa tell me when I came here? Or at least when I started talking to him! It just, doesn't sound like something Matt would do. I could confront him about it, but what if he tries to do the same to me? I can't. I don't know what to do. I pull up into my driveway, and run in, tears falling down my face. Someone that meant the world to me, is a criminal, and everyone let me get to him? I trusted him with everything. Maybe I should've just told them to let him die when he jumped.

Eden! No! That's terrible.

I don't want him. I don't want to see him again. I don't ever want to get close to him.

But I need him. I love him.

Do I love him? Or did I fall in love with his innocent act? I crave him, but he's not good for me. Everything is shattered, is there even a beating heart in my chest? I place my hand over my heart, okay, there still is.

There are so many questions racing through my head, I can't focus. I start breathing heavier and louder, as more tears fall down my face.

I was wrong, I need to hear what else Alexa was going to say.

I open up her contact name, and call her.

"Look, Eden, I'm s-" she starts.

"Can you come over here?"

"Yeah. I have to finish my food first, but then I'll be there."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." she says, and the call ends.

***

"Who was the girl Matt, um, raped?" I ask her, feeling uncomfortable saying the word 'raped'.

"Bella Carr, aka Chase's ex-girlfriend. Matt raped her while Chase and Bella were together, and that's why Chase hates Matt so much. That's why everyone hates Matt. Some people say Chase and Matt have had bad history and Matt wanted to get back at him."

Bella Carr was the popular, skinny, pretty, head of the cheerleading team. She had really nice light brown hair that I was extremely jealous of, and blue eyes.

"Why did Chase kiss me?"

"He- wait, what!?" she asks, surprised.

"Matt and I were walking, and Chase was being rude to Matt, so I called him out. The next thing I know, he kissed me, said 'Don't tell anyone about this', and ran away."

"Well, he has liked you for a looooong time." she says, "And that's one of the other reasons he hates Matt, because he was able to get you to himself, and Chase was jealous. Or, he wanted to piss Matt off." she shrugs her shoulders.

"Oh." I say. "Alexa, what changed when I came here?"

"Before you came here, Matt, total popular cool kid who played football and could pick up any girl with a smirk. Chase, total loser, band, chess club, I don't know, I didn't pay attention to him. Bella, she was a cheerleader, but she wasn't nearly as pretty as she is now. When Bella was raped by Matt, she told Chase. Chase confronted Matt, leading the whole school to find out. Over the summer, Matt's best friend Carter, moved away, causing him to lose one of the people who actually still cared for him, and Chase, started working out and joined the football team. So him and Matt, basically switched lives. That was the summer you came here, and we met." she smiles at the end.

"Alexa, what do I do about Matt?"

"Break up with him. Don't go to prom with him."

"But what if he gets mad and does the same thing he did to Bella to me?"

"He wouldn't do that, he loves you."

"But what i-" I start, but Bella looks down at her phone and then stands up.

"Gotta go, good luck with him, bye!" she blows a kiss and opens the door.

"Bye." I say, but she closes the door before I can finish.

~~~

the past few chapters have sucked iikik I'm sorry but the next chapter hopefully will be more interesting..?

ily all and stay safe 😚