09.

[nine]

Matt and I were laying in the soft sand, holding hands, just talking.

"We didnt miss prom, you know" he turns his head and smirks.

"What are you wearing to it?" I smirk.

"What any guy would wear to one of these things, a suit." I thought about how nice he'd look in a suit, and melt inside. "What about you?"

"I don't have it yet, but even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. I guess you'll just have to wait." I say, acting like I was sorry for him, but then laugh.

"You suck." he says.

"Love ya too." I say, kissing his cheek, and stand up.

"Where are you going?" he sits up, his arms behind him leaning on the sand.

"I don't know." I skip along the beach like a kid.

He got up from the ground and walked over to me. Matt wrapped his hands around my waist, and I thought he was about to kiss me, but instead he picked me up.

"MATT!" I scream. "PUT ME DOWN!"

"I'm sorry, what was that?" he laughs, and starts bringing me towards the water.

"Matt I just finished drying off!"

"W-w-whoops!" he jokingly wobbled around, and dropped me in the water, placing a kiss on my cheek before I fell.

"I really hate you." I stand up, trying to squeeze some of the water out of my clothing.

"Take my jacket." he pulls off his jacket and wraps it around me.

***

Later tonight, it hit me that prom is tomorrow and that I should probably go get a dress. I have a lot of money in my savings account from my job, so it wouldn't be too hard to get a nice dress. The one I picked out is a long, pale teal color, that is simple at the top part and very puffy at the bottom. I hung it up in my closet, separated from the rest of my clothes so nothing could mess anything up. My phone vibrates and I read the text, from Matt.

Matt: can't you just send a pictureee??? or at least tell me what color it is????!

Me: nope 😈

I know he wants to see the dress I got, and I should tell him, but mmm.. betta not.

I receive a text from someone I thought I wouldn't get another text from.

Alexa: come over, it's about matt...

What does she know about Matt? Nothing. But I'll go over anyway, see what crap she has to tell me about him. I put on my blue Vans, and get into my car, heading towards her house.

Alexa is standing outside, red hair straightened, wearing a white crop top and skinny jeans.

"What do you want to tell me?" I roll my eyes, walking up to her.

"I think you should know why everyone hates Matt."

"What is it?"

"Are you sure... you want to know?"

"Yes!" I say, getting impatient.

"Okay. I'm letting you know, you might... think of him differently after this."

"Oh my god, just say it!"

"Okay, okay... A few years ago, right before you came to this school, he um..." she pauses, biting her lip nervously.

"He raped someone."

No. Matt wouldn't do that? Would he? "No... that can't be true. Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"No one wanted to scare you."

"So you let me get close to him?!"

"I tried to stop you!"

"You should've told me."

"Eden... listen."

"I've heard what you've had to say." I walk away, opening and slamming the door of my car, and quickly driving away.

~~~

This chapter sucked ikikikik I'm sorry. :(((((:(((:)::)(:(:(::(((

but tysm for 1,000 reads

and 100 votes

ily all and stay safe ☺️