16.

this chapter isn't told from anyone's point of view btw :)

and if you want you should listen to happy by marina and the diamonds bc it kinda fits into this chapter but it's also just really good and i love marina so yea :)

~~~

They called up names, one by one. Each person came on stage, some said things, others just smiled, nodded their head, and walked off. "Matthew Espinosa!" they call out. Matt walks up on stage, and the principal hands him his diploma. In fancy writing, it had his school name, his name, and the principal's signature. He looks out among the hundreds of students and parents sitting in the crowd, most of were ignoring the whole thing. Matt sits back down, and waits for Eden to be called.

"Eden Knight!" the principal yells, it amazes her how she can still even talk after yelling out so many names. She walks up, accepts her diploma, smiles at Matt in the crowd, and sits down.

"And now, for our valedictorian speech."

Eden had no idea who the valedictorian was. Matt knew exactly who. Eden remained sitting. Matt walked up on stage. Eden saw him on stage and her eyes widened. Matt smiled at her.

"Hello." he speaks into the microphone, his voice echoing loudly around. "As most of you probably know, I am Matt Espinosa. And most of you, probably hate me because of a rumor that went around. Guess what, I didn't do it. But that's not what this is about. This is a day to cherish, we survived four years of our lives in this school, and now we can move out, go to college, get a job, start a family, live our lives. Most people right now would start thanking their friends and family. So thank you to my mother," he points to the back of the crowd, where his mother was smiling at him proudly, "thank you to those of you who were friends with me, thank you all of you, honestly. Even though most of you made my life horrible, it turned out pretty good today. But the person I'd like to thank most out of everyone, is a special girl named Eden. Eden Knight." Eden grinned and her eyes lit up, Matt had never seen her smile so big. "You mean everything to me, and I'm sorry I've hurt you and I'm sorry for a lot of things. But thank you so much. You saw what was happening to me, and instead of ignoring it like everyone else, you helped me out, you gave up so much just to help me. You've saved my life. If you remember, the day you met me I had taken everything out of my locker. I took all of it out because I didn't want my mom to have to take everything out after I killed myself, I didn't want her to be sad. But you, you brought me to your home, you made me feel happy, you made me feel like I belonged. I know I messed up that day at the bridge, but I've never had someone who makes me as happy as you do. So once again, thank you so much for everything." he looks down, and then yells, "HERE'S TO CLASS OF 2014!" Matt throws his hat into the air, and so does everyone else.

Matt runs off stage, towards Eden, both were smiling big at each other.

"Why didn't you tell me you were valedictorian?"

"Because you look cute when you're surprised." they both smile. And among the hats being thrown up and confetti being thrown, they kissed.

~~~

the end!!! thank you all so much for all of the support on this story! i thought a few people would read this but now it has 14,000 reads and over 600 votes! you guys mean so much to me and im sorry i was horrible at updating often, but thank you for sticking with me. :)

idk if i will make an epilogue but if anyone wants me to i will be happy to ☺️

ily all and have a great 2015! i hope you all are happy and if you're not i hope things get better for you because i wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you. if you ever need someone to talk to i promise ill be here bc you should always have someone to talk to.

it makes me sad that this story has ended but i have other stories you guys can read if you'd like, anyway, have a good year and i love you all!!!! :)

xx