02.

[two]

"Why'd you want me to come over?" Matt asks, sitting next to me on my bed.

"Because we should be friends." I say, opening my MacBook.

"You shouldn't be friends with me, Eden. It'll ruin your popularity or whatever."

"So? Here, have you used YouTube?"

"Yeah."

"Who's your favorite YouTuber? Mine is Andrew Lowe."

"Probably the O2L guys." he laughs and his eyes light up. It's the first time I've ever seen him actually happy, and not just faking it.

I click on Kian's newest video, "Have you seen this one?" I ask, and he shakes his head. I press play, and for the next couple of hours we spend time watching YouTube videos and laughing.

***

The next few days at school Matt seemed happier. People disliked me because I would hang out with him, but whatever. He'd usually come over after school and we'd study and then watch videos and stuff.

"Why the hell do you hang out with him? He's disgusting." Alexa asks me at the end of school.

"Because he's sweet." I respond.

She rolls her eyes and walks away. I see Matt at his locker in the corner of my eye, and Chase is talking to him.

"You like her, don't you?" Chase says to Matt.

"What!? No." Matt says nervously.

"Don't even try to hide it, we all know it's true. Just know, she'll never like someone as worthless as you. Why don't you just give us all a favor and kill yourself? She'll like you better then."

I walk up to the Chase and grab the collar of his shirt and pull him close to me. "Listen up, Chase. Don't you dare say that to him, or anyone. Got it?" I say.

"Whatever princess." he laughs, and I slap him, hard.

"Keep laughing. Just so you know, if you tell someone to kill themselves it's considered encouraging suicide and you can be charged with a $25,000 fine and over 10 years in prison. If they do commit suicide, you will be charged with manslaughter. I'd keep your mouth shut, Chase." I say, taking Matt's hand and walking out.

When we walk outside, Alex Cavanaugh is asking Hailey Jones to prom.

"I forgot about that. Do you know when it is?" I ask Matt.

"What?"

"Prom."

"Oh, I think it's May 22nd." he says, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"Who are you gonna ask?"

"I'm probably not going to go. There's this one girl, she's absolutely beautiful. I want to ask her, but she's got other guys falling for her, and she'd never say yes to me." he says, and I feel a twinge of sadness, because I did like him.

"Who is 'this one girl'?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it." he says. "Who are you going with?"

"There's a boy, he's quite lovely actually. He's funny, smart, and sweet, he's perfect. He'll never ask me, so I'll probably stay home." As we walk down the sidewalk together, I look at this face, and I can tell by his expression he doesn't know I'm talking about him.

"Have you ever watched American Horror Story?" he asks.

"Are you kidding? Of course I have!"

"What's your favorite season?" he laughs.

"Probably Coven, yours?"

"Asylum." he pauses,"We should rewatch that show together."

"Definitely. It'll be our show." I laugh.

We turn the corner and walk up the stairs to my painted blue house.

"It's Eden and Matt!" I yell to wherever my mom is, and we run up to my room.

I jump onto my bed which is covered in white sheets and white pillows. I pick up my backpack and Matt sits across from me, doing the same.

"Homework's boring without in silence." I say, getting up and walking over to my MacBook sitting on my white wooden desk. I open iTunes and start playing Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys.

"I love this song." he smiles, singing along with it quietly.

"Do I wanna know? If this feeling flows both ways? Sad to see you go, I was sorta hoping that you'd stay." I sing while staring confusedly at my French homework. "Hey Matt," I say, and he looks up at me. "Do you know what je t'aime means? It's French." he shakes his head so I pull out my phone and look it up.

"It means I love you." I say to him, and he looks up at me with his big brown eyes. They're a light brown, I had always mistaken them for hazel. He looks back down at his paper and scribbles something down and flips it over, checking to see if there's a backside, which there isn't.

"I'm done, what about you?" he asks. I quickly guess for all of the answers on the paper and put it in my binder. I smile and nod at him as I place the binder in my backpack. iTunes is now playing Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys, I close it and open Netflix and start playing American Horror Story.

~~~

hey guyss sorry I haven't updated in foreverrr, but I plan to update this story more often so don't worry :)