Prologue

Prologue

"Uwaaa! Uwaaa!" Cried an unknown baby. These cries were heard throughout the whole town as the thunder rumbled. Dark clouds were forming as well, covering the beautiful blue sky above. Then, a raindrop, then, another. Soon, it started to rain and this rain became stronger as minutes passed by.

"Uwaaaa! Uwaaaaa!!!" Cried the baby, who was getting soaked in the rain. Many people passed by but they ignored the cries and continued to run, covering their heads with anything they have just to prevent themselves from getting wet..... Until a woman stopped and searched, following the cries of the abandoned baby.

As the cries got louder, the woman knew that she was almost close. It led her to an abandoned house, which she knew that never had been there. She walked and walked until she saw a wooden basket.

The basket lied on the ground in front of the door. Cries were coming from it and the woman knew that she succeeded on finding the baby. She slowly walked towards it, ignoring the rain pouring down. She was already soaking wet but she didn't bother to care.

She peeked at the strange basket and saw not just one, but two babies. It was the baby who was crying awfully loud, but something wasn't right. The other one was surprisingly quiet and was sleeping peacefully even though she was already soaking wet.

Pity for the abandoned babies was shown in her eyes and without any hesitation, the unknown woman picked the basket up and ran back towards her house.

It was a long, very long run. The time she arrived home was already midnight and she felt really awful. As you remember the scene not so long ago, her clothes were drenched.... And she felt really really awful for that. Her clothes were sticking on her body and it isn't helping her condition.

The woman raised the unknown babies and treated them like her own. She used the names written on the babies' clothes. Strawberry and Blueberry. Yamanichi Family. She used the names given to the babies' by maybe their real parents. She thought that those names were a little weird but she didn't judge their parents, not even one bit.

Although, she fought the urge to name the babies again.

After a few years, the woman decided to give the children a new home. While the children were asleep, she packed her things and left. She knew that it was inappropriate to leave the children by themselves to find their new home, but she had her reasons.

The two children woke up and they soon realized that the woman who they believed was their mother left them. They thought that she abandoned them.

The poor children were walking aimlessly in the streets, nowhere to go, nothing to eat. They have nothing. They stayed and remained in each other's side until they ended up in a random house.

The woman welcomed them and fed them as well.

Then, she raised them but.... She raised them the wrong way.