"Glossary"

Remnant. A pristine and resourceful paradise for some. A cold and unforgiving hell for others. The secret to survival is to know the lay of the land: allies, enemies, tools and weapons. Knowledge of these is vital to any Hunter, as it can determine life or death.

Academies

These are the training institutes in each Kingdom for Hunters. Each Academy has a four-year curriculum, in which Hunters are trained to fight Grimm and learn the workings of the world.

Aura

Aura is a manifestation of one's soul. It can be used by all living creatures with a soul, hence Grimm have no Aura. Aura is described to enhance one's strength, speed and durability, pushing them past the barriers of a normal human being. It can be used defensively to create force fields and to directly increase the strength of melee blows. Aura is also an essential component in activating Dust and weaponry as well as unlocking the Aura of people who haven't unlocked it yet. Aura-users may or may not have a Semblance.

Use of Aura as such can drain a person's Aura reserves, although given enough time without use, Aura can be recharged.

Bullhead

A Bullhead is an aircraft about the size of a large fighter jet with two VTOL engines on either wingtip in the design of a tiltjet plane. VTOL stands for Vertical Take-Off and Landing, hence the Bullhead can land and take off vertically without a runway. It can also climb and descend vertically and hover in the same position. Its engines allow it to turn sharply while in the same airspace and can change their angle of thrust (thrust vectoring). The Bullhead also has secondary air intakes present in the wing roots for a secondary turbine propulsion system. Its main purpose is as a medium-light transport aircraft, though some variants have a machine gun turret enabling them for close air support. They are similar to Earth's helicopters and most VTOL aircraft.

Dust

Dust is a mineral found throughout the world of Remnant. It is found in four main forms: Fire, Water, Lightning and Wind. These basic four can combine to form more complex and stronger types of Dust such as Ice and Gravity. The origins and workings of Dust are unknown, but it is incorporated into nearly every nook and cranny of Remnant's technology. It is said that it was Dust which helped Humans win against Grimm.

 It is said that it was Dust which helped Humans win against Grimm