Unforgiveable

Song for this chapter: My Immortal- Evanescence

You feel like you've been punched in the gut with a steel bar. "You what?!"

Carter's expression is empty; there is no sign that he even cares about you in there. "Yeah. I met her a while ago. I only noticed her because she looked like you. But then I decided I liked her for her."

"Don't be stupid! You literally just decided now that you wanted her! You don't give a damn about her!"

"Why do you care? Are you jealous?" The way he drags out the last word, almost hopefully, jolts you. Why the hell do I care? I should be glad he's moved on. Only... I'm not.

"Like hell." you reply flatly. "Put your tongue back in your mouth and get out." The sudden surge of sass comes from your anxiety. It's a nervous reaction of yours to suddenly become sassy. Not nearly as bad as uncontrollable giggling or farting. Could be worse.

Carter's eyes seem to freeze over. "You can sass me all you like y/n but I know it's because, deep down, you love me too."

"Ha. Are you a scuba diver? Cos you're diving pretty damn deep there. You're an unfaithful player. I bet your new girl is some big booty chick with more weight in her ass than her head." you dismiss him with an eye roll and turn to the door that Matt went through, a long half hour ago. Carter's next words make you pause with your hand on the door handle though.

"Her name's Madison Beer. Have you heard of her? She used to hang around Justin Bieber a lot."

Your feet are rooted to the floor as memories flood back. Pre-k. Madison with her hair in pigtails, grabbing your arm, announcing your friendship. Countless days spent together, on the swings, making cookies, playing in the sandpit. First day of grade school. Maddie in jeans and a sparkly top, her hair in a bun, calling you to line up behind her. Trying on clothes together, taking photobooth pictures, going to the movies. Then 5th grade. Mads walking in with mascara on and her hair straightened. Didn't even glance at you as she walked past. 6 years of friendship, gone in an instant. The feeling of being alone is as fresh in your mind as if you were still 11. High school. Walking in on Maddie in the dark room, dolled up in heels and a mini skirt with more makeup on then you'd worn in your life. With your boyfriend. Taylor. It took you a while to trust Taylor again, although you'd only been dating for a month. Now, 2-and-a-bit years later, you'd trust Taylor with your life. Madison, however, you'd never forgive.

•••••

Taylors p.o.v.

"Taylor? OMG!" A high, clear voice wakes me from my day dream as I head towards the hotel. I turn to face someone I never thought you'd see again.

"Maddie? What are you doing here?" Shit, she looks stunning. I know y/n can look like this, but she never tries to. Madison just puts a lot of effort into her appearance.

"I'm here with Carter! He's my bæ." She smiles beautifully.

"He's your... bæ? As in, bæ?"

She giggles. "Yeah, how cool is that? I was hoping to run into you! Maybe even... literally. Or you could run into me- if you know what I mean." She winks at me flirtatiously.

"Oh!" I exhale involuntarily as I realise what she means. "Oh, uh, thanks Maddie... I guess. But I really cant. I mean, Im seeing someone. I'm with someone. And... you're with Carter!"