12

Taehyung squeezed the strap of his bag as he walked towards his home.

He thought about what Jimin said and it was the right thing to do but he didn't  want to break Hoseok's heart.

He knew that Hoseok would hurt so much more than the pain he is going through now.

Taehyung squeezed his bag strap harder.

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung closed his eyes as his heart pained a little.

Jungkook ran up to him and started to walk beside him.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

Taehyung sighed and just nodded, trying not to start up a conversation even though in reality he wanted to have all the conversations in the world with the younger.

Jungkook frowned.

"You look sick and you're pale. Are you really okay? You ran out in the rain last time." Jungkook said worriedly.

He lifted his hand and placed it on Taehyung's shoulder to slow him down but the older just slapped his hand away.

"Dont you have something better to do!? Go to Chuji or something!" He nearly shouted.

Jungkook got angry at this but tried to remain calm.

"Dont push me away. I'm trying to help you." Jungkook moved closer to Taehyung.

"No Jungkook. I really appreciate the fact that you want to help but I dont need it. Jungkook please stay away from me" Taehyung said. His heart breaking.

"I dont know why you're acting like this but seriously, i care for you, you know." Jungkook said. He stopped walking and watched Taehyung walk away.

Taehyung didn't know what to make out of what Jungkook said.

It made him a little happy. If anything, it made Taehyung fall for the younger a little bit more

...

Taehyung waited in the cafe near the bus station as requested by Hoseok.

He  had been trying to contact Hoseok but his phone would either be switched off or unreachable.

He knew, that Hoseok was going to break it off with him. The thought of this should have hurt Taehyung, but instead all he felt was fear, fear of never being suitable enough for anyone, fear of being unloved forever. He felt relieved but guilty.

A small drop of water landed on the window pane of the cafe.

It started raining soon after.

"I'm really hating the rain this year"

Taehyung was startled. He stood up automatically and before him stood Jung Hoseok.

His eyes were swollen.

"Sit." Hoseok said gently.

Taehyung did as told. Hoseok sat opposite to him.

Taehyung knew that he had no right to sit beside the older and kiss him now. It hurt him, but not as much as it hurt Hoseok.

"Listen Hoseok I'm sorry" Taehyung choked. His eyes were watery, the feeling being too familiar to him.

"No don't apologize. I should have taken the hint when you said that you loved someone else." Hoseok said.

"No Hoseok I loved you." Taehyung continued. Was what he said even true? Yes, he did love Hoseok, but Hoseok made everything worse by doubting the younger and his feelings. Taehyung didn't want to say this. How could he? He was the one who started all this.

"Dont lie to me. Whats done is done." Hoseok said as he stood up

"No stay Hoseok! I really loved you. Dont go so fast" Taehyung begged.

"Goodbye Taehyung"