Piccolo x Reader

I have no idea anymore. I saw this image and I was like karaoke night!!! Perfect!!!
Yeah it's kind of unoriginal I guess. I've read some x reader stories before (idk who there by) involving karaoke night. However even if it has been used before noone owns the idea of a karaoke night. That being said if there is some similarities to something you read before it's purely coincidence.
Requested by Son_Gokua

It was Thursday which meant it was karaoke night at the Brief's house. Bulma came up with the idea not that long ago to keep up with friends. It wasn't a bad idea either since most of the people you and Bulma were friends with were often busy with training, studying, work or other things. It was the perfect way to get everyone together just to hang out.

You weren't the singing type but you agreed to Bulma's proposal. It wasn't like you to pass up an opportunity to hang out with friends after all. Especially your green namekian pal Piccolo.

Piccolo had been friends for years after you accidentally bumped into him at a tournament.
You were looking forward to seeing Piccolo again. It wasn't like you got to see him everyday afterall. Most of the time Piccolo was off training or doing god knows what else.
Besides that you have grown extremely fond of the green alien and even developed a slight crush on him.

On the outside he was harsh and cold but if you got close enough to him he was a quite a softy. It wasn't a side everyone got to see of him. For the most part only you and Gohan had ever seen him like that. In a way it was quite strange that he'd treat you that way. You understood why he treated Gohan kinder than others. Piccolo saw him as a son of sorts. You though, it made no sense whatsoever. Why did Piccolo take such a liking to you that he'd would show you a side of his personality not many saw.

Well maybe it was possible if he liked you that way.

You shook that thought out of your head quickly. There was no way he would love you, right?

*Time skip to karaoke night*

You cheerfully bounced around glad to be around all of your friends and even make some new ones. Karaoke night was a hit like always. Everyone was socializing and singing to their favorite songs. It was amazing, almost everything was perfect except for one thing. Piccolo had not shown up.
You weren't shocked that he didn't come. He hadn't come since it started, and honestly you weren't sure he wanted to be there the first time. You weren't going to force Piccolo to go to karaoke night but it would really like it if he did. In fact it was extremely disappointing when he didn't show up.

"Hey, (Y/N) you enjoying yourself?", Bulma asked cheerfully.

"Yeah, I am, I just wish that Piccolo came", you replied with disappointment in your voice.

"Don't get worked up over that (Y/N). Piccolo just doesn't like these kind of things. Don't let it ruin the evening though", Bulma replied trying to cheer you up.
You heard the door bell ring just after she said that. You wondered who it was. Maybe Piccolo decided to show up after all.
You walked to the door excited to see who it was. When you opened it you opened your eyes wide shocked to see Piccolo standing sternly at the door.

"P-piccolo. I wasn't expecting to see you.!!", You stated in a shocked tone.

"I wasn't a planning on coming tonight. I haven't heard from you in a while and I knew you would be here so I thought I'd come.', Piccolo replied with a blank expression.

"You came just to see me?", You asked blushing.

"Yeah, I mean no. Not just you I haven't seen Gohan in a while either", Piccolo defended while blushing.
You chuckled to yourself.

"Well, come on in", You stated cheerfully beckoning Piccolo inside the house.

You then procceded to grab Piccolo's arm and drag him into the house.

After that you and Piccolo got to catch up with each other. It had been a while since you had seen him after all. He looked so excited to tell you about all the things you had missed. Apparently he had been training to reach a new form. You didn't know what exactly he was trying to achieve, Piccolo seemed pretty strong already. He seemed happy telling you about it, a very rare thing mind you. If he was happy you were happy.

Although he seemed content with his training routine you couldn't help but worry. Knowing Piccolo he would take his routine too far and strain his body. Yeah he was a namekian, but they have limits too.

"Piccolo, you seem content with your training I can't help but worry that your exerting yourself too much.", You stated with worry in your tone.

Piccolo slightly blushed at your concern.

"(Y/N), don't worry about me. I'll be fine.", Piccolo replied.
"Are you sure?", You asked.
"Yes, I'm sure.", Piccolo said.

You nodded in reply with your head hung a bit low.

"How about we sing a song together so you stop worrying about me.", Piccolo stated bluntly.
"Are you serious?", You questioned shocked that he'd suggest something like that.
"I'm sure, I'll even pick the song", Piccolo replied smiling.

You smiled as Piccolo drug you towards the karaoke machine.

He began to select a song. You stood silently next to him and watched him select a song. Your eyes opened wide when you realized what song it was though. It was that one song from Tangled called," I see the light". It wasn't just any old Disney song it was kind of a love song. Rapunzel and Flynn almost kissed after that scene. If that wasn't a love song you didn't know what was.

Why would Piccolo choose that song though? He hates anything to do with Disney although you never understood why. On top of that it was a love song, and let's be real Piccolo isn't exactly the romance type. So why did he choose it? Unless he, no that isn't possible

"Wow Piccolo I wasn't expecting you to pick this song. The last time I checked you hated Disney.", you stated.
"Well, I'm full of supprises", Piccolo replied as he started the song

I don't know how to do the lyrics so bear with me.
This song is not mine if you didn't know already.

You
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

Once the music stopped Piccolo quickly and abruptly kissed your cheek leaving you stand there stunned.

Did he just kiss you? There is no way Piccolo would ever do that, it's so unlike him. Well except he just did kiss you. Maybe he did like you?

"Piccolo, why did you do that?", You asked while blushing.
"Isn't it obvious. I love you (Y/N)", Piccolo replied with a purple hue in his cheeks.
"I had no idea. I wished I knew sooner though", you replied with your head down attempting to hide your blush.
"Why do you say that", Piccolo asked tilting his head.
"If I knew I would have been able to do this", you stated cheerfully.
You then stood on your tiptoes and snuck in a quick peck on his lips.

Before Piccolo could react you quickly darted off leaving him standing there shocked.

It wasn't long before Piccolo started to chase after you. You were pretty sure he was doing it just because he was embarrassed you kissed him on the lips but it didn't matter. It most certainly was fun having Piccolo chase you around the rest of the evening.

Wow it's been a month since I updated. Though 2 of the weeks don't count cause I was in Florida. I'm sorry either way.