Chapter 13

Meghan's POV

As we were walking home, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.
"Hey." I exclaimed. "Did you see that?"
"See what?" He said giving me a face of confusion.

"Uh... Ummm... Never mind. My minds probably just playing tricks on me. That's all." I said shrugging.

But still. I kept my guard up.

Carls POV

I was little worried about Meghan. She seemed jittery. Her eyes scanning her surroundings every so often. Her hand tracing the handle of her knife.

She must of noticed me looking at her because she gave me a nervous smile.

I squeezed her hand and gave her a smile as I looked over at her. When I looked over and I saw a flicker of movement. I stopped and turned around.

"Did you see that too?" She whispered. I nodded.

"Who's there?" I shouted. I heard leaves crunching all around us as if several people were closing in around us.

Then I heard him. The governor. His twinge of a southern accent. "Now now, no need to get hasty on me. I just wanna talk." He said as he stepped out from behind a tree.

I unsheathed my gun as Meghan unsheathed her knife. That was the only thing my dad would give her back since she hasn't fully gained is trust yet. But there pretty close. But I know she's itching to get her bow and arrow back.

"We don't wanna talk to you." I growled. "Who is this guy anyway?" Meghan asked. "Someone you don't wanna know."

After a few moments on silence, I started to wonder. Where are the other guys? There were definitely more than one pair of foot steps. "Where are the o-" then I heard clank where Meghan stood. Then I saw her crumple to the ground.

"What the he-" then, it all went black.