Chapter 4 (Continued)

But he was kidding himself that he could stay away from her. He had sat there after she left and could think of nothing else but her. She had left but her scent had lingered in his small cramped office. it had taken a week before he realized that staying away from her was not making any sense at all! It took a week for him to go and see her. Caroline had come to Bible studies but she had not been there and he figured it would seemed strange for him to ask after her. He had to see her!

************************************

Chandra shivered as she felt the September afternoon breeze skidded over her bare flesh. The weather had changed and the sleeveless t-shirt she had on was no match for it. She had taken off the straw hat to wipe the sweat from her brow. She really was enjoying this gardening thing! The smell of the freshly dug dirt combined with the after smell of the rain that had fallen last night needed to be bottled and sold, she thought wryly. The entire back yard had been dug up and seeds and bulbs planted. Now she was tackling the front yard putting in perennials and some lovely roses she had seen at the far store. She looked up as soon as the car drove up and her heart skidded as she recognized who it was. She had been doing a lot of thinking about him and was finding it hard to get him out of her thoughts. He was wearing a faded denim jacket to match his faded pants with a white t-shirt underneath the jacket. His blonde hair was wind tossed as if he had driven with the windows down.

"Hi. You lost?" she asked looking up at him.

"I figured I would come and see what you have been up to," he said casually. To her surprise he got down on his haunches next to her. "You did all this by yourself?"

"I had some help from neighbors." she told him with a grin. She took off her work gloves and sat flat on the grass with her legs pulled up to her chin. "Have you come to lend a helping hand?"

"What I know about gardening could probably fill a small page of a very small notebook," he told her with a smile, his eyes roving her face. "You have something-" he reached out to brush her cheek and his touch lingered.

"Thanks," her voice was husky as she stared up at him, her whiskey colored eyes wide.

he dropped his hand abruptly and got to his feet. Chandra got up as well and was close to him. "Want to see around the back?"

"Of course," he was trembling slightly and had to get himself under control. "Lead the way."

He was impressed at the amount of work done and he told her so. "Well as I said I had a lot of help and I am actually enjoying it."

"Good to know." he continued to look around and saw the swing on the large oak tree. "Blast from the past?"

"Yes," she said with a smile. "We used to have fun on that swing; Caroline and I. Dad wanted to build a tree house but he never got around to doing it. Do you want some lemonade or something?"

"Yes thank you."

She led the way to the house and went to the kitchen to get the pitcher from the fridge. She poured two glasses and handed him one. "Caroline made a pie. Apple I think. How about a slice?"

"I would not mind."

She cut a large slice for him and a small one for herself. "Watching your weight?" he teased her.

"Force of habit. I used to exist on coffee and flavored water so now i am eating actual food I am yet to get used to it and Caroline is determined to fatten me up. She thinks I am too thin."

"You are perfect." the words were out of his mouth before he could think about it and had her looking at him. "I mean you look good the way-" he broke off abruptly and got to his feet.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to go." he muttered.

"Why did you come?"

"I had to see you," his hazel eyes met hers and his expression was tortured. Chandra came towards him and he stood there still.

"And now you have?" she asked him softly.

"Chandra-" with a tortured groan he pulled her into his arms! Chandra welcomed his embrace as she put her hands around his neck. His head descended and his lips took hers in a kiss that robbed her of her breath! She opened her mouth beneath his and moaned as his tongue sought and captured hers. He drowned out the voice in his head that told him that he should stop. he had tried to stay away from her for weeks and it had not worked. He broke off the kiss and looked down at her, his breathing harsh and his eyes turbulent.
"Are you going to run away again?" she asked him softly, her hands still around his neck.

"I can't," he whispered brokenly. "I should but I can't. God help me!" with that prayer he bent his head again and this time the kiss was gentle and sweet causing her to tremble against him. his hands drifted over her back and then went beneath the shirt encountering her bare skin. he pulled up the shirt and moving away from her he pulled the shirt over her head, his eyes narrowing as he saw her breasts, the nipples hard. Her skin was wonderfully perfect. "Gary?"

He bent his head and took a nipple inside his mouth pulling on the tight bud hungrily. Chandra inhaled sharply and her fingers dug into his thick blonde hair, her grip tightening as the passion careened inside her body. "Gary please." she moaned. he lifted his head and used his hands to frame her lovely face. the scar was the only thing that marred what would have been a perfect beauty and he supposed that nothing was indeed perfect! "I have never felt this way before and I want to make love to you so badly that I cannot stand it."

"So what's stopping you?" she was aching all over.

"My commitment to a life in Christ," his hands trembled as he held her face. he was aroused in the worst possible way and he had to have her.

She stepped back and took off the baggy pants she had on leaving on the sheer lace panties she was wearing. She was slender but had curves in the right places. her breasts were small and the nipples large and stiff. "Will you leave now?" she whispered.

With a groan he reached for her and lifted her into his arms. "Show me your bedroom." he whispered. She pointed the way and he took her there, his intense desire crowding out everything else!