New Recruits

Tatsumi's pov

I was sitting there looking at the graves of my two best friends. We had promised that we would always be together and we would die together, but they're gone and I'm still here. Just then I felt something like two pillows being pressed against my back and I got up and backed away quickly.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." I said after being startled by Leone.

"So have you decided to officially join us yet" Leone asked with a smile.

I was about to respond when another voice spoke up.

"It's not like he really has a choice in the end."

I looked up and sure enough I found YN sitting on a tree branch leaning against the trunk.

"And why wouldn't I?" I retorted thinking he was just saying and didn't actually have a reason.

I saw him smirk as he responded

"Because since you've seen the face of an assassin you'll either be killed or not be allowed to leave. And trust me when I say that nine times outta ten it's the former that happens."

I nervously gulped after he said that, but I wouldn't be forced to join so easily.

Leone then put me in a headlock and practically dragged me to meet the other members.

On the way I asked YN if he had officially joined he said he hadn't yet but couldn't think of a reason not to.

YN's pov

The first person Leone introduced us to was a violet haired girl named Sheele. My first impression of her was calm cool and collected which is a good thing as long as you aren't too calm.

"Oh. He still hasn't decided to join despite everything that has happened?" Sheele asked

"Not yet. He is still skeptical about this entire situation." I answered while crossing my arms.

"Which is why I thought maybe you could give him some words of encouragement." Leone insisted.

Sheele thought about it for a second before responding.

"OK. If you don't join we'll kill you"

I leaned over to Tatsumi.

"Told you." I whispered into his ear.

"Shut it." he whispered back in an annoyed tone.

"Hey!" an unknown voice caught our attention.

Tatsumi and I turned in the direction of the voice and were met by a short girl with pink twin tails and a fancy outfit that screams spoilt brat.

"Leone! Why did you bring these two losers back here?!" the girl yelled.

"Hey! Can you possibly yell any louder. I can still hear out of my left ear." I responded with a smug grin.

"Why you! Anyway did anyone think to ask my opinion?" she asked as she approached us.

"Uhh. Sure." Tatsumi responded to the brat.

"Hmm. I won't allow it. It's obvious you two aren't cut from the same professional cloth as the rest of us. I mean just look at you." the pink haired brat said with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah, because the pink twin tails and fancy ass outfit you have definitely scream assassin." I responded sarcastically.

"Don't let her get to you. That's just Mine's way of saying hello." Leone explained.

Timeskip because I'm not writing entire scenes for every member of Night Raid you meet.

"The last one is a cutie so try not to stare. This is Akame. I got to say I was surprised when she suggested you, YN." Leone said getting my attention.

"Really? Why is that?" I asked her.

"Because it's the first time she's ever actually suggested someone for Night Raid so you must have made some kind of impression on her." Leone answered with a smile.

"I don't know about that." I responded while rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Hey I just noticed she's eating a giant bird. Did she kill that thing on her own?" Tatsumi asked.

"Akame is our resident wild child." Leone pointed out.

"Have you two decided to join us?" Akame asked while staring at us with her ruby eyes.

"N-no" Tatsumi responded scared of what Akame might do.

Akame nodded her head and then turned to me.

"I have indeed made my decision. The answer to your question Akame is yes I will join you." I said to her with a big smile on my face.

She had a huge smile on her face when I gave my answer and surprised me by jumping up and hugging me.

I blushed from Akame's sudden gesture and looked over at Leone who had a smirk on her face. I flipped her off and she just laughed.

"Is it just me or is everyone a little more jacked up today?" Leone asked

"That's because the boss is back." Akame said after she got done hugging me.

Leone walked around the fire and saw a white haired woman with a mechanical arm. After a failed escape attempt by Leone, it was explained that I had just joined Night Raid. I was expecting the boss to say something, but instead she just stuck her hand out for me to shake which I gladly accepted.

Timeskip to after Tatsumi was convinced to join Night Raid.

"So Tatsumi, your first mission will be to kill Captain Ogre of the Empire. Think of this as an initiation." Najenda explained to the brown haired lad who nodded in response.

After he left to go complete his mission, I turned my attention towards Najenda.

"So when will my initiation be?" I asked out of curiosity.

Najenda smiled in response.

"Oh. We don't need to see how good you are in combat." she responded confusing me.

I just shrugged it off and took a sip from my water bottle when she spoke up again.

"Mr. Unseen Assassin." she continued

After those words left her mouth, my eyes widened in shock and I ended up choking on my water. When I was done I turned my attention back to her

"I'm not sure if I should be impressed or terrified that you managed to figure that out." i responded with a smirk on my face.

About thirty minutes to an hour later Tatsumi came back. He was acting all high and mighty about killing Ogre without getting a scatch on him which prompted Akame to give him an old strip check. After Akame accepted Tatsumi into Night Raid, we were told our next mission would be with Mine.

"God Damn It!"